Who inherits the Country Music King's Throne?

Oldstick

Say, after the passing of George Jones? My vote would definitely go to Travis Tritt after all his years of hits to date. :flag:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
While I like George Strait,he’s not one of my favorites. But, he IS one of the greats. I like Don Williams a lot.

Oldstick

George Straight all day long

Agree, that would be a close competition for the title. Can't think of many others that could compete with those two. Maybe Alan Jackson, but George S. and Travis T. just have that certain intangible voice and stage presence that can't be explained, much like George Jones did in his prime.

I am thinking of who is the greatest still alive and still performing the older traditional country music style made famous by all the older stars mentioned above. Most of whom are deceased by now.

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Not for all of Country Music like the OP asked but for the Opry I think it’s Bill Anderson

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
George Strait without a doubt. Had the pleasure of a concert in a small circular arena. George moved corner to corner of that rectangular stage all night. We had front row seats over the alley way he entered through. It was like he came there to sing to us.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Agree, that would be a close competition for the title. Can't think of many others that could compete with those two. Maybe Alan Jackson, but George S. and Travis T. just have that certain intangible voice and stage presence that can't be explained, much like George Jones did in his prime.

I am thinking of who is the greatest still alive and still performing the older traditional country music style made famous by all the older stars mentioned above. Most of whom are deceased by now.

Alan Jackson has staying power as well. While I did like Travis Tritt back in the 90’s. I don’t think he’s left near the mark on country music GS and AJ have. Not trying to argue..just my opinion.

Core Lokt

I'm not sure. The great ones have gone to the grave. I like AJ.

Waylon is another good one as is Willie if we're look'n for old school guys. DAC is another. But George, Hag, Cash, and Conway are hit'n on strong.

REDMOND1858

Say, after the passing of George Jones? My vote would definitely go to Travis Tritt after all his years of hits to date. :flag:

I’ve been to ALOT of concerts. ALOT. Travis Tritt was by far the worst performance I’ve ever seen. He sounded like courage the cowardly lion. He was one of my all time favorites, but haven’t been able to look at him the same since.

George Strait, followed by AJ get my vote

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I watched a documentary on Alan Jackson and he wrote the majority of his songs..that would be the only determining factor of putting him ahead of George Straight

Redbow

As for me ain't nobody gonna fill their shoes...George Jones, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Doc Watson, Waylon Jennings, I like the old country...George Strait and Alan Jackson are both great artists. A fairly new young feller by the name of Mo Pitney he ain't bad he sings the old country tunes mostly..