Whole Ostrich

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No idea how this ended up on my youtube screen. Also, no idea why I watched it all the way through lol. Couldn't stop for some reason.

Dude has an awesome piece of property, though. Heck of a fire pit he has there!

Buddy of mine sent me that a while back. They didn’t seem too enthusiastic about the final product.

ryork

Ostrich is really good, incredible how close it is to beef. We have it occasionally since I got the alpha gal. It is very expensive and that doesn’t include the shipping. I almost ordered an entire ostrich leg/thigh just for the experience of cooking it. Decided against it as the cost was about equal to a month worth of groceries. I don’t know how an entire bird would turn out, definitely would not want to overlook it.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Only ostrich I've ever had was meat sticks made of ostrich.

specialk

a real blabber mouth....

MOTS

I've read on web searches that Muscovy duck is similar to beef. Probably a lot cheaper alternative. I have seven in the pond but I'm too lazy to find out.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
We are a whole buncha emu when I was a kid. It’s good, Ostrich caint be much different

Redbow

Never had ostrich here but I would love to try it. I wonder what happened to that Emu that kicked Johnny Cash and broke his ribs. Cash ended up in the hospital with that one, maybe the big bird ended up on someone's menu.

ambush80

I've read on web searches that Muscovy duck is similar to beef. Probably a lot cheaper alternative. I have seven in the pond but I'm too lazy to find out.

Most delicious duck I've ever eaten. My sister raised 4 of them and I roasted them over indirect coals. Wish I had a steady supply.

ryork

Emu is OK, ostrich is much closer to beef than emu. I’ve had plenty of both over the last two years, prefer the ostrich hands down. Ostrich is good, I would eat it regardless of the AGS issue.

Hunter922

Lot of chewing going on.....bet they wore out some dental floss....