Why do I subject myself

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Nope, while Bryce is absolutely an elite QB, our defense had so many busted assignments. We got very little pressure on Bryce.

Next, our offensive line played to a draw. They could not open up the running game.

This game reminded me of an Erk Russell lecture I heard on the practice field. The defense was not practicing hard, so he pulled them over. He said you guys must be reading and believing the press clippings. Only reason y'all got good clippings now is because y'all have been getting after it. Today, y'all aren't putting in the effort and I can read the clippings next week ... DAWGS get butt beat due to lack of focus and desire. You can believe those clippings too.

Rat Poison!

Duff

Yep. And a lot of Saban too. I get tired of hearing about how much of an advantage Bama has with Saban as their coach. But, it’s true.

Take Jordan Davis. Before the game, the entire country was in awe of his dominance. Many said he should be a heisman finalist. Some said, he should win the award.

Saban, not only contained him, but exposed him as a weakness. A HUGE weakness. That’s Saban at his best, IMO

TomC

Nope, while Bryce is absolutely an elite QB, our defense had so many busted assignments. We got very little pressure on Bryce.

Next, our offensive line played to a draw. They could not open up the running game.

This game reminded me of an Erk Russell lecture I heard on the practice field. The defense was not practicing hard, so he pulled them over. He said you guys must be reading and believing the press clippings. Only reason y'all got good clippings now is because y'all have been getting after it. Today, y'all aren't putting in the effort and I can read the clippings next week ... DAWGS get butt beat due to lack of focus and desire. You can believe those clippings too.

Alrighty! I think Bennett gets us past Michigan. I don’t see Michigan causing him the same level of stress. Let’s just hope Bennett gets his act together for the final game against Bama cause right or wrong it seems apparent which horse Kirby is going to ride to the barn!

Savage19NRA

Defense didn't lose that game! An offense led by an elite QB won the game. Best defense in the world ain't going to stop somebody like Bryce when he's hitting on all cylinders like last night. You best better have an elite QB on your side if you plan on keeping up!

You nailed it

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Defense didn't lose that game! An offense led by an elite QB won the game. Best defense in the world ain't going to stop somebody like Bryce when he's hitting on all cylinders like last night. You best better have an elite QB on your side if you plan on keeping up!
You nailed it
Remind me again how that worked out for Mayfield vs Dawgs D in '17? And then for Jalen in the first half of the '17 NCG before they changed defensive strategy at the half to a "prevent" D? And for Tua in the '18 SECCG again before the half and a change to the "prevent"? And for Mayfield's replacement in the '18 ayoff against whoever it was they faced? And Fields vs Alabama last year? Need I go on?

There is a reason, MANY just shown above, the saying is as the saying goes about offense and defense. I'll take an ELITE D and a serviceable O any day of the week and twice on Sunday vs the other way around.

James12

Remind me again how that worked out for Mayfield vs Dawgs D in '17? And then for Jalen in the first half of the '17 NCG before they changed defensive strategy at the half to a "prevent" D? And for Tua in the '18 SECCG again before the half and a change to the "prevent"? And for Mayfield's replacement in the '18 ayoff against whoever it was they faced? And Fields vs Alabama last year? Need I go on?

There is a reason, MANY just shown above, the saying is as the saying goes about offense and defense. I'll take an ELITE D and a serviceable O any day of the week and twice on Sunday vs the other way around.

Lot of good points. Well said. On the flip side, UGA has an elite D many times and are still searching for the prize. In todays game, I’m taking a 10th ranked D and the elite QB - all day.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Lot of good points. Well said. On the flip side, UGA has an elite D many times and are still searching for the prize. In todays game, I’m taking a 10th ranked D and the elite QB - all day.
10th ranked out of 130ish teams is pretty good. Also I would argue that UGA won both those games against Ala in '18 until the staff forgot that we still had to win the game and decided at the half we simply had to "prevent" them from winning it.

BamaGeorgialine

Couldn't agree more. Last year Fields wasn't the elite quarterback that day. The elite quarterback that day is playing his butt off for the Patriots on Sunday's now

MudDucker

Staff member
I’ve seen money do some strange things in my days

I guess y'all are forgetting the money the coaches would have gotten for a win ... $3mill.

https://www.onlineathens.com/story/...t-and-assistants-can-cash-bonuses/8794647002/

If top-ranked Georgia wins the SEC championship on Saturday against Alabama and follows that up by adding a national championship, the school will pay out a total of more than $3 million in bonuses to coach Kirby Smart and his 10 on-field assistant coaches.

Smart’s payout for winning both the SEC and national titles is $925,000 and his assistants combined would receive $2,118,000 for a total of $3,043,000, according to the Athletic Association’s performance bonus structure.