Wildgame Innovations Terra Extreme 12 MP ( Latest pics start at post # 113 ) )

Stetson

image.jpgWith all the gamecam talk going around, I decided to share what I have stumbled onto as the best of the cheap game cams out there. WGI terra 12......a 48 dollar cam at walmart. With an extended warranty available ( if you ask about it or click the right button on the online order page )

These cams have a built in delay setting, where they take a pic every 15 to 20 seconds. ( estimated in my part ) insanely fast trigger speed. Good night time pics. I've not used the cam in video mode as of yet. No help there.

Unedited examples below......and feel free to ad your own pics for comparison.

10-1-19 edit........after having several different people, with different laptops....... checking cards, pulling pics, reinserting cards after deleting pics, ect. It became an issue with some cams not going back to being fully functional after the same, or a replacement SD card was returned to the cam.

What it's come to is this........after scanning the card for pics, you must delete the file that holds all the pics from the SD card, then format the card before returning it to the camera. This ensures the cam will take pics every time.

Looking at the front of the WGI Terra 12, the left front clear porthole near the motion sensor flashes every time the motion sensor is triggered. ( flashes red ). I cover that with electrical tape. The right front porthole senses ambient light........thus determining if the cam needs to activate the LEDs or not.

In order to tell if your cam is taking pics and is fully functional after reinserting the SD card, cover the right side ambient light sensor, thereby tricking the camera into thinking its dark, and the bank of red LEDs will flash every time to make a hand movement in front of the cam and it takes a pic.

Great cams for the money. Like many other things, they have little tweaks that must be learned.

Last edited:

Stetson

image.jpgA typical night time shot

Last edited:

Stetson

image.jpgNice daytime shot

Last edited:

Stetson

image.jpgNew crop growing! Good definition on the spots-spotted fawn

Last edited:

Stetson

image.jpgTwo bucks at target distance, but the cam had enough illumination to pick up the big 8 that was set the end of the effective distance. ( approx 45 feet )

Last edited:

Stetson

@ Mark K. I have the oldest of my fleet of terra 12's about a year now. Still going strong!

Btw......at a good feeding site, I usually pop 2500 to 3000 pics a week off a single camera. The batteries usually last through a couple months of this action before I see a dip in battery power.

Buford_Dawg

Yes, I like the cheap WG cameras, the model you speak of here as well as the Cloak model. Hard to beat for the price. Alot of people beat them up, but I like them.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have nothing but good things to say about my wild game cams and I have several , I also have a couple moultrie and just bought 2 Muddy cams this year and Still like the WG the best

BowanaLee

You can't go wrong trying one with the extended warranty. I got the 3 year on my last 2 primos cameras.

blackbear

How do you set one up to stay on all night?
Press enter on still photos or video and leave after checking the date time and year?
Mine has been going off after 1 photo.
I dont know what iam doing wrong.
It a 2 year old model.

Stetson

How do you set one up to stay on all night?
Press enter on still photos or video and leave after checking the date time and year?
Mine has been going off after 1 photo.
I dont know what iam doing wrong.
It a 2 year old model.

I cycle back to the main menu after going through all the settings, then close the case. Display goes dark and the camera is armed.

In your case, I'd say you have a malfunctioning camera.

The only issue I have stumbled onto came to light when I checked pics on the SD card, cherry picked the images I wanted......then I didn't delete the rest of the images before putting the same card back in the same camera.

I did that on 3 units, and all responded by not taking any pics till I returned, deleted all images and reinstalled the card back in the same cam. Then they all returned back to functioning properly.

blackbear

Ok that sounds like my problem,i have been cherry picking also,i will delete all my pics and see if this helps.
Thanks for the help bigtime!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few of the Terra 8s, they have been problem-free for about three years running 24/7 now. And take pretty good pics. And were about $35 apiece on sale when I bought them. I have a a couple WGIs that have been running 24/7 for over four years now. I have so far never had one to go bad or malfunction on me. I am expecting them to start going out soon, and I'll just replace them with more. The only problem I have had with them is people stealing them.