Will the hunting “community” act as one regarding UA’s knee jerk reaction?

The Arrow Guru

I owned quite a bit of UA and used it for several years. After being a sales rep for Scent Blocker and learning a lot about clothing that I didn't know, I sold all my UA and bought a ton of Scent Blocker clothing. After using it through the season last year I find that I really love the stuff. It's and option and they are offering 50% discount and free shipping on 100% of of their stuff, thats pretty stout! Sarah Bowmar was on the the UA staff, but according to her, not a paid member. She received a "voucher" with a certain dollar value she could use on gear and claims she still spent a lot of her own money on other UA items. I personally would not hunt with a spear because I know I could not be proficient with it. However Josh Bowmar, and former world class javelin thrower, trained for this hunt and documented it. Could he have edited the video for a bit more tactfulness? Probably, however he was legal and the bear was recovered with in 40 yards of where it was shot. UA caved and on the UA hunt FB page they have responded to every anti post but have yet to respond to any of the hunters comments. Meanwhile UA sponsors shows like Buck Commander and Wildgame Nation who's conduct I find more offensive as a hunter than Josh Bowmar's ever will. What happens when because of the success of this rant, the anti hunting fringe go after UA's bowhunters next. Bow hunting is a very BIG target for these people for it's "barbaric" nature. Something to think about.

Possum

Banned
The only thing that bothers me about the hunt as with many hunts I see on tv shows now is how grown men act like teenage girls at a Justin Beiber concert when they kill something. Men need to be men and quit with the crying or in this case hyper excitement after a kill. Even a fist bumb looks ridiculous. Thank God for the day and what He provided and control your emotions! And I won't buy UA because its all a trick to turn you into a walking billboard for an overpriced clothing line anyways. It won't make you a better hunter, sorry.

The Arrow Guru

I saw UA shrink at the opportunity to stand up for ethical, legal hunters. However, their decision opened up another opportunity. The opportunity for hunters, and the hunting industry to send a message that companies that readily take our dollars but under a little heat will tuck and run aren't acceptable. Do you think that if a company or organization that said something or removed support for the LGBT community that they would be discussing among themselves weather or not to be united in their reaction? That is why I use ( " ) when I use the word community. Will the hunting "community" I hear about all the time prove it's self OR, will everyones self interest and money prevail? Still no comment at all from Buck Commander, Drury Outdoors, Nock On, Lee and Tifanny, Wild Outdoors or Heartland Bowhunter (one of my favorties).

spydermon

I think many will watch the wreck and drive on by carrying on with their paid sponsorships still in tact.

Makes sense this is brought out by a scent blocker staffer while they are running a big discount sale. A strategy to gain more sales at a good time I guess.

rutnbuk

I won't ever buy it now for sure- never have anyway. But- I will still act like a "teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert" every time my arrow is red! LOL

The Arrow Guru

I think many will watch the wreck and drive on by carrying on with their paid sponsorships still in tact.

Makes sense this is brought out by a scent blocker staffer while they are running a big discount sale. A strategy to gain more sales at a good time I guess.

I have no affiliation with Scent Blocker at all. I workED for a rep group that carried the line at one time. I PAID for all my Scent Blocker. So, whatever thats worth.

The Arrow Guru

The Drury's have spoken!

and said nothing........

Attachments

• 13962559_1166877180021856_1364721781505347374_n.jpg
    13962559_1166877180021856_1364721781505347374_n.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 129

oppthepop

The Drury's DID respond - look at their FB page. Made me feel proud. I have a lot of UA products and don't have the financial resources to throw it all away and start over. With that said, I will be only buying "First Lite" from now on. Wife gave me some for Christmas and I REALLY like their products.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Just notching away at our freedom. Yall keep supporting these anti hunting companies, Your grandkids won't have a freedom to hunt.

bukhuntr

I own quite a bit of UA gear and really like it. Have to say, my next $'s wont be spent on any of their clothing. I would prefer to give my money to a company that doesn't play politics.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
The Drury's DID respond - look at their FB page. Made me feel proud. .

So...what did they say? All I see is a response that any politician would be proud of. They made a "statement" without saying anything. Neither yay, nor nay.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I've never been fortunate enough to afford that type of gear to start with. I also do not support any business that does not support our constitution, or our country's long living traditions. Hunting and fishing being two of those traditions that I partake in. The United states is starting to get real liberal. I personally refuse support it.