Winter Weather 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
It wasn't as bad here in south Monroe county as I thought it would be. We had a hint of snow/sleet on the cars and chair covers and on the blankets I laid over the pool pump plumbing but that was about it. Temps got into the low 20's but the wind isn't as bad as they had forecast, at least not yet. I laid a couple of big logs in the buck stove insert last night and that lasted until 4:30 this morning and I put a couple more in. The thermostat in the hall was reading 70 so it really did the job. I checked on the pool at 4:30 and the freeze protection worked. It cut on at 36 degrees and ran all night and kept it from freezing.
All is well in Spring Hill Monroe county.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Sharman Sacchetti demonstrating the proper live Winter Weather shot stance, filming the Blizzard, on the coast in Sandwich, Massachusetts.
1643467285733.png

pjciii

The weather channel is just So excited they got it right. They are selling it as hard as CNN trying to remake itself.

Anyone opening up their cabinets that have water lines against outside walls. I let the kitchen sink drip lasr night and put a shop Light in the pump house last night and will leave it tonight.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
The weather channel is just So excited they got it right. They are selling it as hard as CNN trying to remake itself.

Anyone opening up their cabinets that have water lines against outside walls. I let the kitchen sink drip lasr night and put a shop Light in the pump house last night and will leave it tonight.
Fortunately not so cold here that I have to worry about indoor water lines, but the outside faucets are protected and the flood light is on in the well house.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Wow!! We only got flurries in Coosa
These pics were near GA Loop Bypass and Calhoun Road...It started with flurries, then really came down, temperature dropped quickly to 31F and it started sticking.
FKR5tG_XIAUF_b4.jpg
20220129_095401.jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Had a "heavy frost" here on the SW side of Lost Mountain.

100_3770.JPG

100_3769.JPG

Got down to 23* about daylight, up to 28* now. With the sunshine about 1/2 of the "frost" has gone bye bye.

Lukikus2

It's getting cold. Do your self a favor and crack a hose bib open to keep your lines from freezing. Disconnect water hoses.

pjciii

Well i am going to Officially call It a 3 dog night. 16 when i got up that is west of Franklin On milksick mtn 2640'. Clear and cold with an amazing amount of stars visible due to dark sky area(not officially). Wind has settled down to almost nothing. Yotes were singing up a storm when i took the big white one out to potty.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well i am going to Officially call It a 3 dog night. 16 when i got up that is west of Franklin On milksick mtn 2640'. Clear and cold with an amazing amount of stars visible due to dark sky area(not officially). Wind has settled down to almost nothing. Yotes were singing up a storm when i took the big white one out to potty.
It's 5* (five) here a couple counties NE of you at just under 3000'. Brrr.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
1643549103300.png

Status
Not open for further replies.