Would You...and why ???

CAL

I know I haven't seen it all but I have never seen one manufacturer make a barrel for another brand of gun.The seller might be selling something he doesn't really know about.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have owned two Browing square back 12 ga. shot guns and one was made by Remington and the other by Savage.

gordylew

1st question yes I buy stuff off of ebay all the time . look at the sellers feedback 1st to get an idea of their sales practices.
2nd question mossberg and ithaca both make barrels for competitors guns.ie Remington 870 and 1100. If your tooled to make barrels why not try to undercut the competition. its called capitalism.

OconeeJim

I couldn't understand my own question after reviewing it. I suppose I was puzzled by a "name" gunmaker...making a barrel for another "name" firearm. I do understand capitalism (well, I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night) but...my 2 Qs should have read: would anyone buy an Ithaca made barrel for a Rem 1100 rather than a Rem made barrel? By the way, the difference in the Ithaca price and a Rem replacement barrel is about 50 bucks, depending on where you look. My Q was based on quality, reliability, etc....rather than price. And...I have bought hundreds of items from eBay sellers, so that part was not a concern to me. Oh well, thanks for the responses.