Wreck in my driveway.

egomaniac247

It's so sad because the driver completely did not need to die that night.....it was completely avoidable.

Reminds me of when I was in highschool we had a kid who went out spotlighting deer. Someone called the game warden on him and the game warden was actually in the area and tried to pull him over. Instead of just accepting the fact that he was busted, he sped off trying to outrun the warden.

Ran right through an intersection and plowed into a massive pine tree. Killed on the spot. 18 year old senior in highschool.

That was many years ago but this reminded me of that. Totally unneccessary.

ripplerider

Many years ago while living in Oakwood my roommates and I were awakened by a very loud crash on the road directly in front of our house. A truck had rolled several times down the highway and come to rest back on it's wheels. By the time we got out there the driver had managed to get out and a car with a very upset woman in it had pulled up behind it. My neighbor came out also. The police got there very quickly. The woman (drivers wife) claimed she had been driving the truck. The policeman spoke to my neighbor who had seen more than we had, then placed the man under arrest for DUI and his wife for making false statements. I felt so sorry for her though what she did was wrong. Found out later they were leaving a party, she had begged him to ride with her to no avail. Just glad he didnt kill somebody.

If you don't want what you do to be on the net, don't do it.

Your SIL should realize that.

You may save a life, her attitude just creates these idiot snowflakes.

NOYDB

BANNED
The next time they have a chase scene in a movie or TV show remember the accidents and suffering caused by immature people emulating what they were taught by our hollywood role models.

lbzdually

Banned
If you don't want what you do to be on the net, don't do it.

Your SIL should realize that.

You may save a life, her attitude just creates these idiot snowflakes.

I'm so sorry for his family, as they just lost a child basically, but kids need to see and hear what happens when you do dangerous things. I would rather them get their feelings hurt, of it means another kid will think twice about doing this.

Turns out the kid was into street racing, based on his own Facebook page, complete with videos. EDIT- I deleted link, I found bad language way down the page. You can look it up on Facebook, it is Oscar Ortiz from Dalton High.
I checked and did not see any language in videos, so if anyone notices, let me know.

Last edited:

Patriot44

Banned
I took a ride in an Evo that a young guy I worked with had back a few years ago. His had 450HP in a 2800 lb car...Those things are no joke.

I hate hearing about these types of things but kids need to hear about them.

rjcruiser

I took a ride in an Evo that a young guy I worked with had back a few years ago. His had 450HP in a 2800 lb car...Those things are no joke.

I hate hearing about these types of things but kids need to hear about them.

Young kids and sports cars don't usually mix too well. I had one when I was in college and shouldn't have....fortunately, the good Lord was watching over me.

Prayers for the family....and hopefully, someone will learn from this.

lbzdually

Banned
His family found my video on Facebook and requested to take it down, because seeing that aftermath of the wreck is too much to handle. One Girl even said "I think this is my intellectual property and can not be used without my permission."

toyota4x4h

I saw ppl posting about him on fb. Ive seen him in that car around town. Sad these young kids just don't learn. Guy at my work lost his son and 2 of his friends in that bad accident in murray a few years back out on ccc camp road im sure you heard about it. He was 16

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I remember in middle school (1980s) we were shown films (yes, films) of what could happen if you were driving drunk, or simply speeding. They used vehicles from actual crashes, but they had kids not much older than us playing the victims. I remember seeing them in the car with blood all over them. We knew what we were seeing was staged, but it sent a powerful message.

I also remember seeing a film on the dangers of mishandling a firearm. I think our local DNR may have shown us this film at the time.

And I am also for letting kids see the horrors of what can happen to them if they choose to speed, drink and drive, mess with their phone and drive, do drugs, mishandle a firearm, and anything else they should not be doing. Best way to get their attention is to shock them with the reality of it all.

We all know that phones are a huge distraction these days. I can never go anywhere without seeing someone messing with their phones while they are driving. I even see our local police doing this junk as well. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but females seem to be the worse when it comes to this. Especially young girls. It's crazy out there!

lbzdually

Banned
I remember in middle school (1980s) we were shown films (yes, films) of what could happen if you were driving drunk, or simply speeding. They used vehicles from actual crashes, but they had kids not much older than us playing the victims. I remember seeing them in the car with blood all over them. We knew what we were seeing was staged, but it sent a powerful message.

I also remember seeing a film on the dangers of mishandling a firearm. I think our local DNR may have shown us this film at the time.

And I am also for letting kids see the horrors of what can happen to them if they choose to speed, drink and drive, mess with their phone and drive, do drugs, mishandle a firearm, and anything else they should not be doing. Best way to get their attention is to shock them with the reality of it all.

We all know that phones are a huge distraction these days. I can never go anywhere without seeing someone messing with their phones while they are driving. I even see our local police doing this junk as well. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but females seem to be the worse when it comes to this. Especially young girls. It's crazy out there!

Just a few year's back, they had a damaged car worse than this one where a person died in it and they placed it on the road where the high-school was as a reminder of what happens when you drive recklessly. What I am doing is far less in you face, as you have to look for this picture if you want, anyone driving past that car was forced to look at it.

PappyHoel

His family found my video on Facebook and requested to take it down, because seeing that aftermath of the wreck is too much to handle. One Girl even said "I think this is my intellectual property and can not be used without my permission."

You should alert them to the dalton daily citizen newspaper then.

lbzdually

Banned
You should alert them to the dalton daily citizen newspaper then.

One of them that suggested I take it down had a link to the news story on their Facebook. I'm not, him and his buddies speed by my house at speeds over 80 mph all the time, putting everyone in danger.

PappyHoel

One of them that suggested I take it down had a link to the news story on their Facebook. I'm not, him and his buddies speed by my house at speeds over 80 mph all the time, putting everyone in danger.

Sounds dangerous over there. Dreamers speeding

lbzdually

Banned
Just had one who was visiting the crash site do a burnout leaving my driveway and then sped up to close to 100 mph going around that same curve.

PappyHoel

Just had one who was visiting the crash site do a burnout leaving my driveway and then sped up to close to 100 mph going around that same curve.

That's nuts. I assume the GSP hangs out around there with what sounds like an active drag race scene in Dalton.

LTZ25

Texting is just as bad as drunk driving and about 1000 more times likely to get you . We work on roads and get to see all the texting as they go past .

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
facepalm: I know I did some dumb & stupid things when I was young, but my God, it seems kids now-a-days are even more so!:rolleyes:

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Texting is just as bad as drunk driving and about 1000 more times likely to get you . We work on roads and get to see all the texting as they go past .

I would contest that it's worse than driving drunk on the whole. It's much easier to do at any time and there is not nearly the stigma surrounding it.

Latest posts