Yet another great adventure

sprewett

Today was supposed to be family day after a few errands, but we have all had probably the most difficult week of our lives and as a result my wife was wiped out. So I told my son let's go to Pine Log looking for squirrel, rabbit, and mainly hog. We got to the spot where I knew plenty of sign were and began our hike with ole' single shot Winchester 22lr. We ended up hiking 3 miles, went through the thickest briar head I believe I have ever seen, found some pig wallows, waited on a rabbit to show itself from the thicket, and heard a hog grunt. We both needed the time in the woods apart from the Lord the woods gives me great peace. We never even fired a shot but had fun talking and spending quality time together. My son is almost 17 now seems like he should still be a baby, man how time flies.

sprewett

Today was another AWESOME day. Some plans got changed so I was able to hit Pine Log for some small game chasing. (Mainly therapy) Today was by my lonesome though as my son is at Lake Guntersville for the weekend. Hiked to the property boundary near Toyo Tire them began heading back toward Oak Street to head toward a little pond off the road and then walk an old logging road. Whole I was walking decided I would walk up little pine log mtn to see what was at the top. After a not so little climb made it to the top and boy was it tore up from hogs. I was a little surprised that they were on top of the mtn I always figured they would stay low. (This is my first season chasing hogs) Headed back down went in to some crazy thick stuff had to get on my hands and knees at points to follow the pig trail and tunnels. My mind was racing thinking this is not such a great idea, like most of my ideas. Then, just a few yards from me I heard some pigs rooting. They were CLOSE and it was thick! I looked down at my ole single shot Winchester 22lr and decided I better figure a tree to climb in the event it got western, and fortunately it never did. About an hour later I backed out and left for the house. I did see a big black fox squirrel, and boy how beautiful they are. Also got a heck of a workout in.
5 miles, 892 feet of climbing, and 2022 calories burned. And to top it off got to take my wife on a date after hunting.

@bfriendly wish you could a came today bud.