yotes jumping a fence

BBDJR

i had a question for you guys. I just bought a house in Dawsonville on 6 acres. the front 2-3 acres is horse fence and the back 3 acres is black chain link fence about 4' tall. the coyotes i hear just about everyday hang out in the woods that is right up against my black chain link fence. was wondering if you think they will hop that fence and come into my pasture with an elctronic caller. i just picked up a pretty good one. has fawn distress and cottontail distress and a few others such as a howl, serenade, female invitation and all that. i dont have permission yet to hunt the property behind me but figured if i thinned out a few of the farmers(he has cows and a donkey) coyotes from my property it would be a good conversation starter for me to hunt his 100 acres. i just dont see them jumping a fence like that but i guess if they are hungry enough they will do anything huh??? any experience with this?

one other question...how long are you guys running a sequence of calls before stopping? and how long do you normally wait before firing it up again?

00Beau

Yes they will climb a fence, I run call about 15 minutes and wait 5-10, yotes usually come in quick if they are there, bobcats come in slow 15-30 minutes.

BBDJR

10-4 man. thanks. have yall had any experience with hunting them from a ground blind? probably need to brush it in real good? i may try my climber as well.

00Beau

You really have to play the wind with a coyote, if you can get something behind you that they do not want to cross with the wind in your face or cannot slip around you the better, a big creek , swamp etc. Never hunted them out of blind, but have out of tree.

chase870

Possum Sox
The stand will work or a blind on the ground, the wind is the key factor. Fawn in distress should work well right now

bigreddwon

Can you use elect calls / eyecatchers for them in Ga?

BBDJR

I'm in south lumpkin and the last piece of land I lived on had olld cattle fence all the way around border to timber land. Although the yote we shot there couldsimply go through or under the fence I would think a yote would not think twice about going over, under or through any fence to get to food.

Hope you bust em up

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I see some FUN in your near future!!
I dont think they will think twice about jumping a fence......They'll jump it like it wasn't even there.