ZEBCO CO BOUGHT OUT

whchunter

Rather parent company of Lews and Strike King has bought Zebco. Dont know if true but was told when I tried to order Mr. Crappie Hi Viz line that Zebco bought Mr. Crappie.

doomtrpr_z71

Zebco is still owned by wc bradley, lews has had branding with Mr Crappie since 2012, it's all just branding slapped on an Asian OEM s product.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Speaking of Zebcos, what would I look for on eBay to find a good vintage reel? I've got several new 33's and they suck. I love spincast reels for river fishing, but I'm not impressed with the late model 33's. Looking on eBay I see a number that are made in the USA (I assume pre-2000) and several that say one rivet or two rivet.

doomtrpr_z71

Speaking of Zebcos, what would I look for on eBay to find a good vintage reel? I've got several new 33's and they suck. I love spincast reels for river fishing, but I'm not impressed with the late model 33's. Looking on eBay I see a number that are made in the USA (I assume pre-2000) and several that say one rivet or two rivet.
I ended up switching to daiwa underspins for that very reason

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I ended up switching to daiwa underspins for that very reason

I looked at the underspins, but I'd just as soon use a regular spinning reel. With a spincast I can always put the lure exactly where I want it. I actually discovered it helping my girls cast, I could hit where I wanted so much better with their Zebco slingshots than my spinning reel. I'd really like to find some good vintage Zebcos if I can.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I love a under-spin for river fishing (quick fishing), they're great but they all get tore up.

I'm all ears

weagle

Zebco needs to bring this back:

G3WhNuT.jpg

I'm pretty sure they wont be bringing back their original offering :)

https://fishingtackleretailer.com/your-first-fishing-reel-zero-hour-bomb-company/

Last edited:

basstrkr

The last good Zebco spincast I bought was a Z-1 with brass gears and BB drive, double ceramic pickups. (This is the bigger Zebco One size reel). I think about year 1999 and my wife is till using it. Also I just bought a Kast King spin cast which feels good but its too young to tell about dependability.