Thank You Sweet Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I got the best news I've had in a LONG time today.

Over a year ago my then 3 year old little girl had to have surgery due to urinary reflux. This is just one in a LONG list of surgeries/procedures she has had in her short life. We have spent most of our savings on her medical bills--to the tune of about 15-20% of my annual earnings for the last 4 years on medical bills, mostly stuff for her health. My wife had to quit working to stay home with her a few years ago. She has finally gotten in good enough health for my wife to work part time.

ANYWAY, she had this surgery and it all went well. until about a month later when we got the bill. It was denied by the insurance company. the pre-op and post op was paid but the surgery was not paid. To the tune of $7,000.00+. YIKES! My wife handles the insurance and we appealed it a couple of times. This drug on until a week or so ago. We finally called the right person and the insurance company called us this evening and told us it would be paid at 100%!!!

My wife has been carrying this burden around for a year. She's not one to let it go. I prayed about it and gave it to God a few months ago. I basically told him he was going to have to pay that bill because I couldn't and he gave that little girl to me to raise.
Turns out it was denied because we were the first ones to have that type of surgery under that insurance companies plan. Because of my wife's determination they have approved the procedure and other children can now have it under the plan.

I talked to a group I am in on Wednesday nights at church and asked them to pray about it this past wednesday.

Our lives have basically been on hold for a year. I can actually buy little stuff--(I mean a few dollars) without feeling guilty for spending money I should have been saving to pay for her surgery!

PRAISE THE LORD HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT!!!! :yeah:

Throwback

Hoss

Throwback

Thanks for sharing your story. You aren't alone. Thank your wife for her persistence with the insurance company. And a prayer for your daughter.

Hoss

Meriwether Mike

Glad to hear that God brought such a great answer to your prayer. I am sure you and your wife feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted. God is good.

Jeff Phillips

T - Praise The Lord :clap:

I will keep your daughter's continuing good health in my prayers ::; This kind of thing is the most difficult to bear, so I'm praying for you and your wife too ::; ::;

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Throw, this is great news! Keep on praying.

Also side note...my youngest daughter Alex had a urinary reflux sugery when she was 3 or so.....she is 13 now and alive and kicking:)

Jim

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Great news!!!!!

Yall had these challenges for a reason......... it will make you stronger and help you in the long run.

MM

GeauxLSU

Wonderful to hear Throw! ::;
Glad the little lady is doing better and life is starting to get back to something more normal! Gotta' be hard to watch such a small one go through that so I'm glad He is there for y'all, just for the asking! ::; :clap: ::;
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
That is Great News Throw. I will pray for her continued improvement. May God Bless You and Your Family.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Thanks guys. We slept better last night than we have in a L-O-N-G time!

T

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
Wonderful News Throwback!!!

Thanks you for sharing that with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mrbowdeadly

I hate to hear about little ones suffering. I am sorry that your family is under such strain. It is really great news to hear about this, kudos to your insurance carrier for doing what was right!

MBD