form inspection, please

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i decided to try to take pics this am of my form to "inspect" it. looks like my elbow is high, but it goes to the same place every time. i found that a good way to work on a floating anchor is to draw and wait on a cameras self timer!!! other than the elbow, yall see anthing else i need to work on ( other than loosing weight:D )

Attachments

• vbs-003.jpg
    vbs-003.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 126
  • vbs-006.jpg
    vbs-006.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 118
  • vbs-009.jpg
    vbs-009.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 131
  • vbs-011.jpg
    vbs-011.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 122
  • vbs-008.jpg
    vbs-008.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 120

BGBH

Looks good to me.....what kind of curve ya shooting...?

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
thats a ragim impala. i have 2 longbows that i shoot regularly and wanted a recurve but did not want to "break the bank" this one was 126$ on ebay brand new. i figured i would give it a try. i am real impressed with it. it was kind of loud but i double my string puffs and wrapped the ends of my string with yarn and that quieted it right down. i also wrapped the handle with rubber tape.i am liking it more and more and more. it may be the bow that goes hunting with me this year!!!

Al33

Yes, your elbow is high in the first pic. I also noticed it is out on the next to last shot. Try to get the elbow behind and in alignment with the nock and arrow shaft. I once read the best way to do this is pretend you are trying to hold or crush a drink can between your two shoulder blades when reaching full draw. I started trying that and it made a world of difference.

Perhaps your elbow was out due to waiting on the timer on your camera.:huh:

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
don't know al, i will try to pay more attention next time. i have had a world of trouble making myself come to a solid anchor. when things "look" right i release. i know it is a form of target panic and i am trying hard to overcome it. i have heard of proper back tension and will try to think about the can!!! i don't get to shoot with many other folks, just blazr988 and we try to help each other as much as possible. thanks for yalls insight!!!