Berrien/ Lanier 2007

billy336

Time to retire the 2006 thread and start this year's. I'll be up this coming weekend to start the 'labor of love'. I'll let yall know what we see.

ALLBEEF

I guess I'll be getting ready - My 07' season has certainly not started like I would have wanted it to - first off - I have this small track of land behind my house that I lease and I went to ckeck my plots a couple weeks ago and someone had stolen my box blind - this couldn't have been done very easily - it takes me 30mins to budge it - anyway I was ticked to say the least - well a few days before that I cancelled my trip to Kansas because my wife made me feel guilty for spending $4000 on a hunting trip - I just turned down a prime club that I had been trying to get in for several yrs. because "I had too many places to hunt" according to my wife - now the place that I have been hunting for about 5 yrs. now has been leased out from under me this yr.
So needless to say I am like "poor poor pitiful me" right now - But then again when I look around - if this is all I have to worry about - I'm alright!

How about everyone else - how is ya'lls season going so far?

bam_bam

well i joined my first club this year its close to brookfield, suppose to have hogs on it. we'll see i guess. sorry to hear about your bad luck ALLBEEF

billy336

Rain, rain , rain. We got almost 3 inches of rain on Saturday. Didn't get out in the woods m uch, just cleaned up the house. That poor Alapaha River is still nothing more than sand.

Whitetailer

Hey Billy

Yeah, The river gauge on rt. 82 is still bottomed out at 209. ft. Still super dry. I have not heard from the owner about a price increase or thinning!!!

And need a couple of members.......

Whitetailer

bam_bam

Yeah, The river gauge on rt. 82 is still bottomed out at 209. ft. Still super dry. I have not heard from the owner about a price increase or thinning!!!

And need a couple of members.......

Whitetailer

yep you can spit across it right now

billy336

Russ, glad to see you are back among us. I usually take 41 east to see the river, but this time I just glanced at it on I75. Saw a few oaks with acorns popping out, havent had a good hard acorn drop in a while now. I'm dying to get to work up there but what's the point of mowing when its three months until season, it'll grow right back by then.

bam_bam

were are getting a little thunder shower here in alapaha right now

billy336

One of my members was up this past weekend with his family. He saw a small 8 , a doe, and 3 hens. Be back up this weekend, gonna start mowing I guess. There's one sure way to get some rain up there, put me on the tractor and get me about 2 miles from the house. A downpour is sure to follow. Report to follow. Less than three months now fellas!!

billy336

One of my members was up this past weekend with his family. He saw a small 8 , a doe, and 3 hens. Be back up this weekend, gonna start mowing I guess. There's one sure way to get some rain up there, put me on the tractor and get me about 2 miles from the house. A downpour is sure to follow. Report to follow. Less than three months now fellas!!

Whitetailer

Good news!!!

Spoke to the landowner yesterday and the crew has started thinning the pines. They will remove every third row of about 600 acres of my property.... And I will have a new network of roads. They should have the work done within three weeks, plenty of time for things to settle down before the season. Now if i can just afford seed and fertilizer to make all of those new strip plots!!!

I will probably go check out the property as soon as they are done.

Billy, many thanks, it looks like I got those guys from Tampa you hooked me up with.

Whitetailer

billy336

Another Saturday in GA, another downpour. Acorns are around. Couple deer seen.

Russ, that's great news man. Looks like you'll have a great season.

bam_bam

got a real good rain just a while ago in Alapaha.

Whitetailer

HOw much rain???

You local Berrien/Lowndes guys. I saw the radar this afternoon and it looked like our area might have gotten hammered with rain. Hope not too much as the heavy equiptment is on my property thinning, would not want them to get slowed down too much.

Whitetailer

billy336

Couple of my members were up this weeknd. They were having coffee on the porch Sunday morning and had a 8 point cross out in front. About 15", still showing plenty of velvet.

DAWGsfan2

Are There Any Club Openings In Berrien/ Lanier If So Shoot Me A P/m Thanks And Good Luck This Coming Season

Gobblergetter

well I put out some "Bad Dust"mineral lick that Wayne Kendrick ( he owns southern outdoor products) sent me and heres a couple of the pictures I got from it. it really works! yes they were eating the yeller acorns but you can tell how much they've tore up the hole no buck pictures this week but I know they'll be back!

also here's a link to his site.......

http://www.southernoutdoorproducts.com/

before...........

CDY_0046.jpg

after..............

CDY_0053.jpg

CDY_0055.jpg

CDY_0057.jpg

CDY_0059.jpg

CDY_0061.jpg

CDY_0062.jpg

CDY_0076.jpg