Woody's and GON Gatherings...Past and Future

bullgator

Well, is there any plans for another gathering? Now that I’m retarded retired I’m ready and mobile to drive up and meet a few more of y’all.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Went to a few while there (2004 to 2006): 2 kids fishing events (Vogel and Charlie Elliott), one GONnetwork banquet in Stockbridge, one sporting clays shoot and one potluck get together @ Locust Grove. Can't find any pics to save my life.

Smiley and Bigbird, along with a lot of others made them enjoyable times.
Hmmm. A sporting clays get together would be a lot of fun.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I've made four. One in Cleveland and three down around Quack's part of the state. EE was the shutter bug at the three near Quack maybe he will pop in and post some pics.

slow motion

Choctaw Bingo is a lot of lyrics. Decoration Day I’ve sang so many times I could sing it backwards and I let Steve have Gin and Juice.

The specific instance I’m referring to involves me jacking up a line in Self Destructive Zones and Pig Predator yelling his take on that at me while I still tried to play and sing the rest of it. Pretty dang funny story but that’s as specific as I can get without getting banned. I know my banning would be cause for celebration for some but I like it here. Dang funny story though. I’ll never play that song again.
Well don't get banned brother. Wouldn't be the same. You're part of the spice that gives this place it's unique flavor of Southern Americana.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Well don't get banned brother. Wouldn't be the same. You're part of the spice that gives this place it's unique flavor of Southern Americana.
Thanks, brother. A lot of people, and I mean a lot of people, don’t agree with you. But that doesn’t matter to me. Do you know why? Because none of those people know me. And most of them are humorless. And people that take themselves too seriously aren’t people I concern myself with. I appreciate the kind words for real. :cheers:

Hoss

Here’s a link back to some of the first ones. One was at Charlie Elliott and the other at Hard Labor Creek. Lot of old members that aren’t seen on here anymore.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Ha. Brother all I can say is that statement ain’t something I came up with on my own. Pronouns get used too. Like “We all know you just like to make people mad.” We? And I better let that do it. :bounce: I’m like Mr T in the third Rocky movie, “I ain’t eva goin away!”:rofl:

Last edited:

slow motion

I stopped by one not far from where i hunt in Hancock County. It was at a state park but i cant remember the name. Had an old mill there. No pics. Heres a few from Chehaw in 22. The good ones Sweet Thang took.

Nic's placeIMG_20220108_180333_01.jpg
Perhaps his rifle and hawks as well.IMG_20220108_180338_01.jpgIMG_20220108_180317_01.jpg
Mr. Ben I believe IMG_20220108_180327_01.jpg
These I took.
Me having a snack.IMG_20220108_154134_960.jpg

Forget which one of you this was.IMG_20220108_141157_060.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220108_180327_01.jpg
    IMG_20220108_180327_01.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220108_180317_01.jpg
    IMG_20220108_180317_01.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220108_180338_01.jpg
    IMG_20220108_180338_01.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220108_180333_01.jpg
    IMG_20220108_180333_01.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 0

Minner

Here’s a link back to some of the first ones. One was at Charlie Elliott and the other at Hard Labor Creek. Lot of old members that aren’t seen on here anymore.

Now there's a blast from the past! I recognize bout everyone in that 2nd pic but have forgotten some of their handles. I do believe HancockTim is in there. Also spotted MechanicalDawg, Dawn2Dusk, John Bowers, the Batsons, Al, and a few others in some of those pics.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I was there and somehow missed this.
Most was the last days leading up to WAR when we were getting things ready.
At the time there was a running gun battle between Hogguide and the forum, particularly Delton (Handgunner). Delton didn't want Hogguide at a Woody's function.
There were a few threats traded between them leading up to it.
Mike (property owner) was good friends with Hogguide and layed down the law Hogguide would be there.
In the end, both were there and several of us were tasked with keeping a close eye on them during the day.
The fact you didn't know about it is a compliment to those that kept watch.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Most was the last days leading up to WAR when we were getting things ready.
At the time there was a running gun battle between Hogguide and the forum, particularly Delton (Handgunner). Delton didn't want Hogguide at a Woody's function.
There were a few threats traded between them leading up to it.
Mike (property owner) was good friends with Hogguide and layed down the law Hogguide would be there.
In the end, both were there and several of us were tasked with keeping a close eye on them during the day.
The fact you didn't know about it is a compliment to those that kept watch.
I remember hogguide being on here but not much about him. Met handgunner that weekend. Didn’t know him at all but he seemed nice. Weird to me that he just walked away from this place has never come back. Same with Muddyfoots who lives just up the road from me.

Latest posts