Almost A Statistic This Am.

limbhanger

I WAS VERY FORTUNATE THIS AM DUE TO WEARING MY 4-POINT SAFETY HARNESS. MY PLATFORM CLIMBER FELL TO THE BASE OF THE TREE THIS AM LEAVING ME 20 FEET DANGLING WITH MY SEAT PORTION. THANK GOD FOR THE SAFETY HARNESS. I WAS ABLE TO HOLLAR AT MY FATHER-IN-LAW DOWN THE CREEK TO COME HELP ME. HE ARRIVED AND TIED MY BOW ROPE TO THE PLATFORM AND I WAS ABLE TO PULL IT UP AND CONTINUE THE HUNT. (AFTER SEVERAL THANKS BE TO GOD). I WILL HAVE THIS STORY TO SHARE WHEN TEACHING FUTURE HUNTER SAFETY CLASSES. I BEG EACH OF YOU TO INVEST IN A QUALITY SAFETY HARNESS. IT IS FUNNY WHAT RACES THROUGH ONES MIND IN A MOMENT OF UNCERTAINTY. LIMB.. :flag:

Last edited:

Havana Dude

Glad to hear

that you are O.K.. Sounds like a close call there. I know you are glad you were wearing the harness and that you did not fall, but I'll bet you will be some kinda sore in the morning. Might be a good idea to take some Ibuprofun or something fore bed time. Just a thought. Again glad you are OK.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Limbhanger, Let me say first of all I'm glad you're OK. Though you need to tie off the base of your climber to the seat portion so that want happen again. Just tie a small cord about 6' long to each piece preferrably on each side.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
climber

Couldn't ya tie a cordage from the seat to the climber to abort that happening again?

TurkeyCreek

Limb,

glad to hear that you are OK.

one of the many good things about my ol man i got a couple of years ago is that it comes from the factory with the top and bottom sections connected with straps...and they give you a real good safety harness too..

Koolaid

Glad you are O.K.,
But guys I think he will find a number of ways to keep this from happening again, don't add insult to injury. He knows now.
:banginghe

sr.corndog

limbhanger trouble

What kind of tree? This happened to me also since we can't use climbers with cutters this happens mainly with slick bark trees. Now I will only climb pines with a rough bark. Glad you wern't alone! What would you have done if you were alone :flag: ?

Handgunner

Glad to hear you tell the story than read about it in the GON. Glad you're ok! :)

huntfish

Glad to hear that the harness works. :clap: I always wear one when in the stand but almost had a fall last year when moving some stands. Used my harness to unstrap a 16 foot ladder stand and when I unhooked to climb down, the stand leans out, Only thing that kept me from going over was that the stabilizer bar held tight. Eyes stayed WIDE OPEN for two days. ::;

Mrbowdeadly

Ok fellas,

First off, praise be to god for holding you in his hand. Glad you are ok. Second:

I have a great hunting partner in Bowhunter24. He makes my hunts much more fun and memorable. My best friend is bowbender. I have hunted with him since I was sixteen or so.

NEITHER of these fellas wear a safety harness. Nor do the other three guys in my camp. Now bowbender and Bowhunter24 are registered members of Woodys.

So I challenge you all to convince them. My words have fallen on deaf ears. Maybe a first hand experience will make them start wearing them.

Thanks!
MBD

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
Glad you are Ok and it pays to wear that strap, right.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
WOW !! That brought back bad memories , I sure am glad your alright , It puts a whole new meaning to " Hold up there "

broadhead

Limbhanger, I am glad that you are ok. That harness probably saved your life or saved you from a possible back or head injury.
Mr. Bowdeadly,
Since you are the only one wearing a harness in your club, if one of your partners falls, the responsibility of keeping them alive and getting them to the ambulance/hospital might fall on your shoulders. I hope that you don't find one of them dead at the bottom of their tree one day.
That is an incredible and somewhat inconsiderate position your hunting partners are putting you in. That would spoil a day's hunt. :rolleyes:
I hope they see the light before it is too late. I have fallen w/out a harness before and my back will never be the same.
Broadhead :)

H

HT2

Limb.....

Glad you're "O.K." dude......

I know that had to put a bad scare in ya......

Thanks for sharin' the experience so others may benefit.....

Dub

You just made a believer out of me......or I should say a practicioner. I've always believed in safety harnesses....just not always used them....stupid, I know.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Glad you didn't take a dirt nap!!!

I've found myself dangling from my safety harness once before too!!! All kinds of thoughts race through your mind in a milisecond.

Tommy