T/C sighting in.

ejs1980

I traded for a t/c contender on here back in the spring and havent shot it yet. After having a small buck walk within 15 yards of my stand saturday morning I decided to go ahead and get it ready to hunt. I've been meaning to get a scope for it but haven't yet but decided to go ahead and get it ready to hunt like it is. After shooting I still would like a scope but in order to get it sighted in I had to adjust the windage all the way out. Is something wrong with the barrel? It seems to be accurate it just took all the adjustment to get it centered on the target. Has anyone else had this problem with tc barrels. It doesn't seem to make a differend whether I'm shooting off sandbags or just holding it like a rifle.

OconeeDan

I have had many tc barrels, and never had this problem. You can remove the rear sight, look at the screw holes in the barrel, and see if they are crooked. Before you do that, look at the crown and see if there is a ding on the edge of the crown where the edge of the bore is. If the sights look crooked at all, get TC to repair/replace it. Dan