reflective pop up blind

JerryC

I have seen in a catalog somewhere a pop-up blind (just 4 ft by 3 ft or so) that is made of something like movie projector screen so that it reflects instead of being camo. The theory being that you can have this out and the game sees a repeat of the turf just in front of the blind (unless they get too close!). Has anyone else seen this? I can't find it now that I'm willing to try it out. Thanks- JerryC

PS I thought it was Sportsmans Guide but I don't see it online.

CharrDad

It's sounds like a cool idea. I know there is a company that advertises on SOA (Spiritial Outdoors Adventures) that is based on the same idea. It's called the Shadow Shield. The website has some videos and testimonials, but seems to suggest it is intended for open country, so may not be suitable for all terrain.

Let us know what you find out.

CharrDad

Sargent

It was advertised a while back on the Outdoor Channel. Seemed to be a neat concept.

hawglips

Banned
It would be neat to have a turkey come up and really light into the blind trying to show that turkey he sees who's boss.

Gadget

I wonder if you could make a suit out of it instead of using a blind? .......... never mind, that would be too easy.:whip::rofl:

Really though, I just can't see it working very well, maybe that's why you can't find it ??

flyingt

Could you imagine walking up on someone that had that suit on? They would think you were the predator.:rofl:

Uh, they sell suits like that for people to lose water weight. You'd look pretty snazzy sneakin around lookin like a Coors light can. I bet it'd work, too. Of course you'd have to be careful of how you photographed your trophy. Everyone would know how you killed it by the wt_ look on the deers face.

I saw the commercial for that blind. They really need to come up with a more memorable name for it, b/c I can't remember it either.

MKW

sorta

I wonder if you could make a suit out of it instead of using a blind? .......... never mind, that would be too easy.:whip::rofl:

Really though, I just can't see it working very well, maybe that's why you can't find it ??

At last year's NWTF National Convention, there was a guy marketing a plastic mirror that you hold in front of you to make a stalk on a game animal. It was pretty neat, but his was too heavy, IMO. He had a lot of video of somebody sneaking up on pronghorn and muleys out west.
Mike

Thanatos

This technology has been around for a bit. The US GOVT developed it for covert ground forces. I HEART The History Channel:cool:

Gadget

At last year's NWTF National Convention, there was a guy marketing a plastic mirror that you hold in front of you to make a stalk on a game animal. It was pretty neat, but his was too heavy, IMO. He had a lot of video of somebody sneaking up on pronghorn and muleys out west.
Mike

Interesting, I'd like to see that; would think sun reflections would be a problem, especially turkey hunting.

Gadget

CharrDad those pictures on http://www.theshadowshield.com/ show what it can do. The one I saw was very lightweight and I think it folded up. I'll keep looking and no, don't look for me to be in some space suit next seasion:bounce: -JerryC

Thanks for posting. Works better than I thought! Although, not too practical, it's a two man job, one to hold it and one to shoot. Did anyone watch the turkey stalk? Cool videos.

hawglips

Banned

:bounce: