why do people think turkey hunting is hard??

Slayer

:fine::fine:these are pixs of the food-plot in my back yard....the last one is of my 4 year old son trying to put salt on their tails!!!:cool::cool:

Attachments

• turkeys 002.jpg
    turkeys 002.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 200
  • turkeys 006.jpg
    turkeys 006.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 203
  • turkeys 007.jpg
    turkeys 007.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 213
  • turkeys 008.jpg
    turkeys 008.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 201
  • turkeys 010.jpg
    turkeys 010.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 202

frankwright

Good pictures. It isn't hard this time of year. Wait until spring!

A couple of weeks ago we were deer hunting around Lagrange. Early afternoon, me and another guy were sitting in folding chairs and talking, waiting for time to go back in the woods.

We had about eleven turkeys, including three big gobblers walk right up to us about 20 yards and just pecked around in the leaves for about thirty minutes. We were talking and moving a little and they did not care. I wanted to get my camera from the truck but I figured they would not stand for that.

In March, they will see you blink and run!

Slayer

true that Mr. Hawk,

I have on average 14 to 22 birds(2-6 gobblers) in my yard 3 to 4 times a week all year long.........during turkey season, I will yelp at them when I'm heading out the door on the way to work, they will usually fire right up and go to gobbling!!!!!

they pretty much stay right here behind the house, kind of like pets now.....

Robk

wife has some friends in barnesville who have a flock of turkeys acting like a bunch of yard birds. you can nearly have them eat from your hand.

R