Good turkey gun???

copecowboy84

I went looking around for a new shotgun today. i want to get an all around shotgun, you know for deer, turkey, dove, duck, ect. I am a smaller framed guy, only 5'3. I saw and held a charles daily 20ga., but it was a youth. It was a large youth shotgun, but it fit really well to my body. When i hold a full size shotgun its very hard for me to function with it. But what im tring to find out is even though its a youth, is a 20ga. a good turkey and all around hunting shotgun??? Thanks guys...:flag:

trkyhntr70

more on 20 ga.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=161390
Check out this thread and you can get more info on 20ga turkey guns. You can also get more on nwtf message board.
The most important thing is how it fits you.
The CD pump should be fine it takes Remington chokes if Im not mistaken. I beleive the CD auto has a bad rap... Google it. Good Luck!!

R

redneckcamo

man lemme tell ya ...... there are quite a few folks on our lease shootin a 20ga. at some gobblers an gettin em .....!!! my advice on what you said about holdin that gun and ''it fit really well too my body'' is super important if you want too make it an all around gun fer huntin all kinda game .....lemme ask 1 question ---when you shouldered the gun to look down the barrel at the bead or beads or sight ... once you have it where you want the gun to rest ....did you have to move your head any too line up the beads or were they just right in the sweet spot already ???? if it was there--- then when you hunt an shoulder the gun you will only have too line yo eye up with the game because the gun is made fer you already.... if you found this gun to be this way I would put it on my list if not just go ahead an get her an start bangin her all you can ...!!!!!!!!!!

Dudley Do-Wrong

I have a rem 100 youth model (20 ga) that I paid $400 for it. I also bought a slightly larger butt stock for it and a remington super full choke. It also has other choke. I can sell it to you for what I paid for it, I have only shot about 15 shells through it.

TROY70

In my neck of the woods, I am seeing more and more people going to 20 ga (including me for dove and quail). Most folks around here are still using 12 on turkeys, but i do know several folks using 20s[ and they are killing turkeys--get what fits you and you like--we ain't gonna be shootin' it