New gun fer squirrels and such...Savage 555 Compact.

specialk

You will, I’ve have a Stevens SxS in 20 gauge I’ve used since a kid. Money won’t buy that gun, loads of small game killed with it.

Stevens 311a 20g....plain jane.....i wanted one in the worst way....i had a mint one in 12g that i swapped even for with a man that owned a feed store deer cooler in barnsville about 35yrs ago....its been drug brair thru patches all over GA.....

Darkhorse

High cost doesn't a fine O/U make.
Some years back I bought a Browning Citori mainly because of the name and how good it looked. Soon after I got it I went to a turkey shoot and won the first round I shot with it. I didn't win anything else. In fact I hardly hit the paper again and when I did it was with only a few right at the top.
Was I happy? What do you think? I had to check this out . The center of my pattern was more than a foot high. I understand the rising bird theory but never actually prescribed to it myself.
Good thing it was a browning though because I announced by word of mouth it was for sale and it was gone the first week.
I actually ran across several 555's at a small bait and tackle shop in Perry a few years ago. I liked them very much.

Jim Boyd

Josey would be proud for you!!!

Dub

High cost doesn't a fine O/U make.
Some years back I bought a Browning Citori mainly because of the name and how good it looked. Soon after I got it I went to a turkey shoot and won the first round I shot with it. I didn't win anything else. In fact I hardly hit the paper again and when I did it was with only a few right at the top.
Was I happy? What do you think? I had to check this out . The center of my pattern was more than a foot high. I understand the rising bird theory but never actually prescribed to it myself.
Good thing it was a browning though because I announced by word of mouth it was for sale and it was gone the first week.
I actually ran across several 555's at a small bait and tackle shop in Perry a few years ago. I liked them very much.

Seems that many wingshooting guns pattern high.

Probably a nightmare for someone trying to use as a turkey gun.

Bottomtime

I have one in 20 Ga. that I've used for 7 years now. It has primarily saw service in the duck blind, but I have also taken a number of turkeys with it. The ONLY issue I have had with it was when a small-frame, inexperienced shooter was using it to bust clays, it double-fired, twice. Interestingly enough, my oldest son who is about to turn 15, has shot it for several years with no double-fires. Although he was not a big kid during those years, he knew how to properly mount and hold a shotgun to his shoulder. The other young fellow was lightly mounting the gun and letting it "bounce" on his shoulder which I believe was what allowed the double-fire to occur. After many attempts, I was not able to replicate the issue.