Who Has...

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Lots of mention of possum lately. Now fess up, Who has ever tried it ? I have many many times. I have eaten possum most of my life.I consider it a one of my favorite wild dishes.

Huntsman.45

Would not, Could not eat one them ther' nasty buzzards!! :hair: When I was a kid on the farm, I saw several run out of the rear end of a dead cow. Needless to say that stopped me from even thinking about eating possum!! :(

pendy

I would never eat possum. There are to many other good things to eat. :D :D :D

red tail

GONetwork Member
:confused: Why ? :confused:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
nope no possum on my plate....although for the right amount I would break out the knife and fork.

Jim

ramblinrack

red tail said:

you got that right!

:huh: :hair: :pop:

pm....there's something about yall dawgs and (questionable)wild game cuisine (tailgatin' on rabid coon) that just seem's to go together?

;) ::ke: :rofl:

Mossy0ak270

One Shot, are you sure you don't eat possum? (Avatar) :rofl: No pun intended One Shot or Pay. My daddy used to eat possum growin up and he said they were real good eatin. They would "clean" them out first by keepin them penned and corn fed for awhile. Me? No way would I eat one! :eek:

H

HT2

Pay........

I've never tried it.........

And, to be honest I don't think I ever will..........

To be honest.........

There just ain't no reason to try it.......... :whip: :whip: :whip:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
POSSUM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT! :rofl: :rofl:

TJay

In my younger years I knew this ol coot who talked me into trying it. He said you have to cook it with sweet taters on some sort of rack so the grease would drain off. It was pretty good, but he used to trap em and feed em out before he would cook it.

QuakerBoy

ain't no way :confused:

Trizey

Jim Thompson said:
nope no possum on my plate....although for the right amount I would break out the knife and fork.

Jim

Jim- You hit the nail on the head! Put a little mula on the table and we'll talk :banana:

QuakerBoy

Trizey said:
Jim- You hit the nail on the head! Put a little mula on the table and we'll talk :banana:

ok...gimme 100 bucks and I'll take a couple bites :bounce:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I have convinced several people in my lifetime to try it. Most liked it and wanted me to let them know when the next Possum Dinner was. If anyone is really interested PM me and I will send info on feeding, dressing out and cooking Possum.

BTW It don't taste like Chicken :D

ramblinrack

clean out the mailbox paymaster...i'm SURE you're fixin' to be flooded with possum recipe request's....

;) :hair: :rofl:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Rack; I will send you one as well. ROFL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Deepcreekdawg

I had a friend of mine that invited me over for a wild game supper. He caught a opossum and a coon and cleaned them out for a week or so by feeding them in a pen. He cooked them in the oven with sweet potatos on the top along with deer, rabbit, and squirrel. Well I will try anything once so I ate some of the opossum and coon. The opossum was the best tasting meat at the cookout! I ate my share of that greasy opossum that night and I had the sprints(diarhea) for two solid weeks and lost about 12 pounds before I could shake it! NO MORE OPOSSUM FOR ME! :rofl: