How many here have killed their limit of turkey on one hunt?

Wetzel

I'm sure most of us have had an opportunity to kill more than one gobbler on a hunt, but how many here have actually killed their three Georgia gobblers on one hunt?

Seems that I hear of a few doing it every season; thought it'd be interesting to see how many here have done it. If you killed three in Georgia on one hunt, tell us about it.

Arrow3

Never killed 3 one one hunt....I killed 2 one morning and then saw another gobbler alone in a field on the way out...I left him for seed..:D

jcarter

Banned
ive killed 3 with 2 shots twice. both times the third bird was in the air.

JDAWG

22907794.jpg

my son did a few years ago...two shots. He's a trophy hunter now no more jakes.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

i killed 3 birds with one shot a couple years back didn't mean to do it i didn't want to end my season so quickly, it was the monday after opening weekend:banginghe. all were good birds, 2 had 9 1/2" beards and one had 10 1/4" beard. i spent the rest of the season calling for other people

fspch

Killed three with one shot, only saw two of them at the time. I actually waited till the first two lined up and when I got there there were three floppin'. I didn't really want to kill three, it was early in the season. I've killed three in a season several times, but that was the only time I have killed three in one hunt, much less three in one shot.

Randy

I killed two once back in the day when two was the limit so yes I have taken my limit in a day before.

Gadget

Once, by accident......... hopefully never do it again.

Had 5 or 6 longbeards in front of me strutting, planned on only taking one. They were bunched up together and I couldn't shoot. Sat there for a while waiting it out. The big boss gobbler was in the back and I never had a shot at him. They started to move off. I picked one out and shot him. The boss gobbler came running in and started flogging the one I shot. He was a very nice trophy and the one I wanted so I decided to shoot him as well. When I got up there was another gobbler laying 20yards behind the other two.

The Boss Bird had 11.5 inch beard 1 3/8 spurs and was close to 22 lbs.

Last edited:

hawglips

Banned
Does it count if you killed only one, when the state you were hunting only allowed one per season?

wack em

Never killed but one per day, could have killed more several times but would have felt very cheated. I rather enjoy the kill, then get after another the next day.

TurkeyManiac

Yep. First day of opening morning every season :)
I like to get my Turkey Hunting over with as fast as possible so I can sit and wait for the only real sport......deer season./...:rofl:

Killdee

I have accidently killed 2 with 1 shot on 2 occasions but wouldnt do it on purpose. I have killed my last bird on the last day of season several times. what else am I gona do fish!!!!

ultramag

I have killed 2 at the same time..but not 3...that was a few years back....and then last year me and my buddy killed two good birds 5 minutes apart...

Hunter Haven

Nope.... closest I've ever came to it was killing two good birds back to back with my sinle shot 10 gauge.... called both in strutting, shot the lead bird..... started to jump up, but noticed the other bird coming back.... he jumped on the bird I shot fighting with him allowing me time to grab another shell put it in the 10 gauge and ROCK HIS WORLD too!!!!! It was one of my funnest hunts ever
:yeah:

Dupree

my first hunt, I pulled the trigger and 2 started flopping then shot the 3rd one running off.

Wetzel

I've done it one time. Did it on Coopers Creek WMA the first day of the season in 1999. Had a large group of jakes come by me with one nice gobbler in the bunch. At the time, I'd never killed two with one shot so I waited until the bigger gobbler was lined up with one of the jakes and shot. As they were flopping on the ground, a big gobbler, that I didn't even know was around, came running from behind me to one of the flopping turkey and started strutting beside it. So I shot him to. Best turkey of the bunch had 1.25" spurs. Funny thing about it was my brother in law was suppose to go with me that morning but backed out. He didn't have a gun so I was going to loan him mine and I was going to do the calling. Glad he couldn't make it.

Had an opportunity to do it once more a few years ago. Three gobblers came in together; killed one while they were looking for the hen and then shot another as the two remaining were running off. At the sound of the second shot, the third gobbler immediately flew up in a tree about 25 yards from me. Thought about shooting him, but decided two was enough for the day. Ended up killing the third one about two weeks later.

I was really excited about killing the three birds in 1999, but after doing it, I really don't think I'd want to do it again. Much more enjoyment out of having three successful hunts rather than only one.

GTBHUNTIN

when I lived in vermont our limit was 2 birds. Called in two toms shot one the other jumped and gobbled so I hit my mouth call and he came runnin back dropped him next to the other one.

silvestris

Why would anyone want to? Does it double or triple your pleasure?

blong

Me and a buddy pulled off a double a couple a years back with a single shot 410. I carried it to make sure it would kill a turkey for my 6 year old boy. 3 two year olds came to a decoy and I popped the first one and one flew but the other started coming back. I ejected and reloaded, handed him the gun and took the video camera and he popped another one. It was one of my most fun hunts.