Hooked On Spots!

DaddyPaul

I am getting into shooting these daggum spots, especially the Vegas face.

I cannot shoot a 300 to save my life though! I have shot two 299's, a few 298's, more 297's, etc. but always seem to blow it due to a lack of a strong mental game I reckon.

I made it all the way to the 8th end the other night before dropping my only shot on the way to a 299/16x.

I am gonna do it sooner or later. I am shooting skinny arrows with a BHFS set up BTW.

If I could learn to let down a few times a round when I start to come apart at full draw I think I would do better. Thus far I just muscle through the shot and usually end up with something out of the 10.

Anybody else hooked on these little guys?:huh:

dhardegree

yeah, but don't know about vegas style. I saw on another forum a compitition that talked about ends and was eliminating shooters with the lowest number in particular ends.

DaddyPaul

Vegas face is just a three spot target and a game consists of 10, 3 arrow ends. I like it better than the 5 spot for some reason?

299x2001.jpg

bowsmith

You got 12 months to practice for the next Vegas shoot...get crackin'... ;)

bowsmith

That's why ya shoot flights...drop a few and you still have a chance at some money.

Vegas_Archery_022.jpg

bowsmith

I was shooting a Commander, 56#, 29 3/4", 2613s @ 33" with 300 grains up front.

Friday pretty much sucked with a 292, and then shot 299 Saturday, and 297 Sunday. To give you an idea of what it sounds like in there....

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i199.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid199.photobucket.com/albums/aa47/Desert_Ram/PICT0005-8.flv">

BlackArcher

Shooting Spots Is Easy..

...Hitting the spot is the hard part...

2008 I got myself an "Indoor Bow".
Funny thing, My original 3D Bow did the trick....with a set of GT x-cutters non pros (silver lable)
to date 300 25x's....the high life..

Thats it...Have not shot a 300 since....

Congrats to you with the Skinys...

Bow Smith:good shooting..

...Hitting the spot is the hard part...

2008 I got myself an "Indoor Bow".
Funny thing, My original 3D Bow did the trick....with a set of GT x-cutters non pros (silver lable)
to date 300 25x's....the high life..

Thats it...Have not shot a 300 since....

Congrats to you with the Skinys...

Bow Smith:good shooting..

I got your spots Ezra... Come get some...:cool:

BlackArcher

I got no...

That's good shooting there Ezra... Now move from your normal 8 yards to 20 yards...:rofl:

come back for that....I had to put at least 50 yards on it...LoL

trouble maker..:stir: