Great First Week!

gsubo

This has been a great first 5 days to the 08' turkey season. It started Saturday morning on public land with great bunch of buddies hunting in the same general area. PLP's boy Jabob getting his first two birds, and my girlfriend's cousin Will getting his first bird ever. The first picture is of all three birds from that morning.
10March2008010.jpg

After the morning hunt, me and my good friend Garrett went running and gunning. We struck two longbeards up at 1:30. They gobbled twice and came in and Garrett killed a great bird. 11 1/2" beard..1 1/4" spurs..19 lbs. His buddy got away before I could get a good shot on him.
10March2008011.jpg

I finally got the monkey off my back Tuesday evening at 7:00 pm. I had the bird at 50 yds that morning and didnt feel comfortable taking the shot..so I let him walk. I kicked myself all day at work and went back in there that evening and set "Guadeloupe",my B-mobile ,and a hen decoy up where he was roosted at the creek. Garrett and I were there 45 minutes and called one last loud series of yelps and he came in straight behind me on a mission to my decoys. I shot him at 25 steps. The good lord paid me back for not takin a risky shot that morning at him a guess, and Im glad i didnt now. 10.5" beard, 1" sharp spurs.
10March2008014.jpg

Oh yea..and I put Randolph(PLP) on one tonight. He'll be forever in debt to me.:rofl:::ke:

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
I could not agree with you more.....It Has Been A Great Week!!!!!! Congrats on some great memories you have made this week and a nice Gobbler to boot! Tim