Short Range Deer Hunting

Hoyt man

1 ft. straight down shot with my bow.

Randy

The only deer I ever shot in the head was a doe standing right under my stand. I was literally aiming straight down. I shot her in the head and her brains splattered all over the tree. I had to climb down through all that stinking stuff and got it all over me. Last time I will ever shot a deer in the head. Besides that, the 7mm mag almost lifted me straight up out of my stand. Sold it to. Won't ever do that again!

Jeff Phillips

Rifle - 6 feet - just walking by the base of my ladder stand.

Bow - Straight down, out of a climber, right between the shoulder blades.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
10 yards with 3006
5 yards with my bow.

ditchdoc24

about 20 foot straight down while leaning out of the treelounge with the crossbow

red tail

GONetwork Member
5ft. Walking to my stand for the afternoon hunt. She was bedded in some briers beside the path. She jumped up then fell down.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
straight down with rifle, 5 feet or so away from the tree with a bow.

Jim

huntfish

10 feet, the distance between the base of my stand and ground; straight down shot. As Randy said, not a pretty sight.

GeauxLSU

Randy said:
Besides that, the 7mm mag almost lifted me straight up out of my stand. Sold it to. Won't ever do that again!
:rofl:
I'm sorry but that is a funny visual. :bounce:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Nugefan

under..

the tree straight down ....with rifle and bow ....looks like all of us had done our scouting to get em so close ... :shoot:

Bowhunter24

I would say 3 steps from my tree with a bow, and about 5 feet with my rifle, it surprised me i shot that deer that close with my rifle and he didnt drop, he still ran for about 60yds.

BowArrow

Bow shot straight down under stand. Blood trail began on the side of the tree I was in.

I do not take this shot any more but let them walk off before shooting.

Woodsman

Six feet with a 60lb Bear re-curve no sights at age 16. My first bow kill. I was setting in a wet weather creek and this young doe walked right in on me before I really knew what was going on. I was shaking like crazy. :cool: I love that feeling!! :banana: :D I walked out of the woods with her over my shoulders...I thought I was the man that day. :D