Most used call type on Public Land?

What is the type call you use most on public land

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

short stop

voted box call as most used , and Looks like I'm wrong again 8 -1 so far , but hey what do I know about Turkey hunting :bounce:
--- tube and wingbone will be the most seldom used calls as most hunters dont own one . I have seen where the wingbone have gotten better responses latley --or maybe cause Im starting to sound bettter by the end of the season . Maybe diff sound , pitch , and seldom heard tone ??? who knows but they work .

Big Country Boy

(!$#@%&@#) Is What I Usually End Up Calling After A Day On Pubic Land:mad: BUT FOR TURKEY A SOFT SOUNDING SLATE WOULD BE MY CHOICE..

GA DAWG

voted box call as most used , and Looks like I'm wrong again 8 -1 so far , but hey what do I know about Turkey hunting :bounce:
--- tube and wingbone will be the most seldom used calls as most hunters dont own one . I have seen where the wingbone have gotten better responses latley --or maybe cause Im starting to sound bettter by the end of the season . Maybe diff sound , pitch , and seldom heard tone ??? who knows but they work .
I'm with you and I still think a box would be the # 1 used call on a WMA ...This poll lies :smash: :biggrin2:

Public Land Prowler

I have found that the calls most used on public land are

#1 other hunters(as people on public land always seem to try and get between you and the bird)

#2 is a crow call

#3 is a hoot

#4 any sick sounding diaphram,slate,or box...

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

I have found that the calls most used on public land are

#1 other hunters(as people on public land always seem to try and get between you and the bird)

#2 is a crow call

#3 is a hoot

#4 any sick sounding diaphram,slate,or box...

I belive I would have to swap 2 & 3 around in my neck of the woods:bounce:

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

What is the type call you use most on public land?

On which day?

Seriously, don't see a difference in which type of call on public or private, more a matter of ,for lack of a better word, style. And only Mr. Tom can answer that question w/GOBBLE!

(no vote)

returntoarchery

Agree it is the one they gobble at as the mood strikes them.

I should have been more specific in my question.

It implies what call type you have the most success with and use the most often on public land?

I know many times it is personal preference, the one you're best at using or the one they gobble at but there is method to my madness although it may not seem like it. :crazy: :bounce:

So keep a vote-in and I'll be sure to let y'all know if it pans out.

Last edited:

BOSSOFTHEWOODS

Diaphram -mainly for less movement & rainy days
Aluminum slate- windy days & locating
Long box -Cause I like it

I have others & use them on occasion but these are my 3 GOTO calls. As far as success ,I 've never kept count on which one works on the most birds. Except this year thats been easy:banginghe ZERO