Call collection

Gaswamp

Redbeard… haven’t heard that name in a long time. What’s he up to? Still amoung the living? He’s been out to my property hunting a few times years ago. Thinking way back, Doug Camp had been out hunting as guest one too not long after turkey hunting became legal in Crawford co
met Doug camp at the show in Perry late 90's. Had 5 or 6 of his calls at one time. Only one I kept was a glass pot. His box calls were ok. His owl call was pretty cool.

Gadget

I never met Doug, he was at my club hunting some time around the mid 90s and was a guest of Johnny Castleberry who ran my club. Johnny’s father started our club in 1966 before Deer and Turkey hunting was legal, you could only hunt small game. Deer hunting began in 1974 If I remember right and Turkey didn’t become legal until the 80s. I’ve been running the club for 18yrs now, can’t believe how fast that’s gone by, joined 25yrs ago.
Red Beard has been out several times hunting.

have one or two of Doug Camp’s boxes, several from his partner Junior Robinson. Here’s a few I could find, think I have more

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 14

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
I don't have a collection but rather a clutter of calls as I don't consider myself a call collector. Here are a few boxes I've had over the years, all made by the same easily recognized maker. I bought over dozen over the years from him and gave them as gifts to my hunting buddies. I'm down to two of these boxes. I keep the first one I bought from him in 1978 for sentimental reasons and a poplar one because I like the sound.

Gaswamp

Redbeard… haven’t heard that name in a long time. What’s he up to? Still amoung the living? He’s been out to my property hunting a few times years ago. Thinking way back, Doug Camp had been out hunting as guest one too not long after turkey hunting became legal in Crawford co
He still attending the Unicoi show every year

Gaswamp

I’ve got that same Vaughn terminator call . I use to love to go to his house in McRae and play with his calls when I lived down that way .
yeah he used to come to turkeyrama years ago In Perrry. Seems like he fell off the earth or dissappeared. He made great pots

Gaswamp

I went by and picked up these yesterday. Lonnie is almost out of calls and I'm not sure how many more he will be able to make with some of his health issues.
View attachment 1291244
was hoping to get up there and finally meet Lonnie at his shop this winter. met him years ago at Unicoi show seemed like a great fellow.

Gaswamp

I never met Doug, he was at my club hunting some time around the mid 90s and was a guest of Johnny Castleberry who ran my club. Johnny’s father started our club in 1966 before Deer and Turkey hunting was legal, you could only hunt small game. Deer hunting began in 1974 If I remember right and Turkey didn’t become legal until the 80s. I’ve been running the club for 18yrs now, can’t believe how fast that’s gone by, joined 25yrs ago.
Red Beard has been out several times hunting.

have one or two of Doug Camp’s boxes, several from his partner Junior Robinson. Here’s a few I could find, think I have more
If I remember right Sheldon had a bunch of Doug Camp calls

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
yeah he used to come to turkeyrama years ago In Perrry. Seems like he fell off the earth or dissappeared. He made great pots
I’ve got a little small slate pot he gave me out of his scrap box one day . I’d sure like to know how many gobblers it’s been the death of in the last 30 years

Gadget

If I remember right Sheldon had a bunch of Doug Camp calls

He has some yes but I think he has more from Junior Robinson who was the original creator of those box calls. I don't remember the story exactly so don't quote me but junior developed those box calls that Doug was selling, they had some agreement where Doug could copy them. If you look at my picture you can see they are exactly the same as what Doug was selling, the short and long box. Junior never got the recognition for it that he deserved tho, guess he stayed behind the scenes more and so people didn’t know him like they knew Doug.

Last edited:

Gaswamp

I don't have a collection but rather a clutter of calls as I don't consider myself a call collector. Here are a few boxes I've had over the years, all made by the same easily recognized maker. I bought over dozen over the years from him and gave them as gifts to my hunting buddies. I'm down to two of these boxes. I keep the first one I bought from him in 1978 for sentimental reasons and a poplar one because I like the sound.

Between these calls and your single shots, I need to get in ur will:love:

Gaswamp

I like the fact that it looks used and not spent its life on a book shelf

Latest posts