Liquor collection

chiefbaron

No love for the rum?
I'll take a Zacappa 23 over anything, Flor de Cana works too, although there's a couple of empty bottles of Trace and Rare on the shelf. Kid's a grocery store manager at a Publix with a liquor store that's a top 5 seller. He hooks me up, problem is he's 300 miles away ......on second thought, that's probably a good thing.

:)
Nothing like scotch and cigars by the fire.
2019-02-10-1933 Scotch FireJPG.JPG
Even if it's a bit chilly outside....:)
20180106_1634_49 Scotch Cigars Fire.jpg

Stroker

I only collect empty bottles that I have purchased or been gifted and been a major participant in the emptying process. Tequila and bourbon are my go go's chased with a ice cold beer. My shop fridge will freeze bottled water solid in two days.

leroy

My dad got a bottle of think it was wild turkey from salesman one year, he wasnt a drinker but put in high cabinet for medicinal purposes, stayed there for years till mom poured it out because she thought it being there that long it would have spoiled

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My dad got a bottle of think it was wild turkey from salesman one year, he wasnt a drinker but put in high cabinet for medicinal purposes, stayed there for years till mom poured it out because she thought it being there that long it would have spoiled
facepalm: :eek:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Sounds just like something Mom.. "Deep Water Southern Baptist Daisey" would have done.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
:rofl: My collection wouldn't last long. Likker's for drinkin', not lookin' at. :)

I'm kind of like Quill Rose, the old white likker manufacturer off of Eagle Creek. He said he heard people talking about how good aged likker was. He said he kept some for two whole weeks one time, and couldn't tell a bit of difference in it. :bounce:
This is me, the only stuff that stays in the liquor cabinet very long is stuff I don't drink like vodka, tequila, and such. My big plastic bottle of Benchmark bourbon is easy on the wallet and never lets me down.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
No love for the rum?

:)

I picked up a new favorite rum when I visited St. Lucia in 2021. It is Chairman's Reserve. The Forgotten Cask series is absolutely fantastic and drinks more like a bourbon than rum. Not a lot of places that carry it around here, but I will find a bottle every so often.

On the bourbon side I like Weller, E.H. Taylor, and Maker's.