Liquor collection

specialk

Ah once got a bottle from old forge distillery in Pigeon Forge just because ah liked the bottle. Had an anvil on it. Ah run outta likker one day and ah opened it. But mah plan was to collect it origionaly

best laid plans often go astray.....

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My Grandpa always said there were 2 things in this world that are an acquired taste, nobody starts off liking them, scotch and golf.
Your Grandpa spoke wise words. My son doesn't drink. If he does on occasion, it's about 3 fingers of scotch that last him all evening. I've never acquired a taste for it. Then again I love golf and my son isn't the least bit interested in it. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I keep a little of the good stuff for sipping, fly tying, frostbite, easing my temper, snakebite, and various other sundries. My new favorite is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Best Bourbon I've ever had, bar none. Aberlour 16 Scotch is another favorite. My old buddy, Redneck Bill Collector have me a bottle of McCallan 15 for my birthday a few weeks ago. Haven't cracked the seal yet but it has to be good. Can't forget my old standby, Knob Creek.

20230112_150835.jpg20221209_164423.jpg

Lindseys Grandpa

I have a bottle of Buffalo Trace a buddy told me I had to try . May try to sell him rest of bottle awful aftertaste to me . I als have a bottle of Russel Select 10 year 1 was given it just ok . On a good friends advice I bought a bottle of Benchmart Single barrel today 1/2 the price of the other 2 $20 and twice as good as Russel and 3 times Buffalo Trace .

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I keep a little of the good stuff for sipping, fly tying, frostbite, easing my temper, snakebite, and various other sundries. My new favorite is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. Best Bourbon I've ever had, bar none. Aberlour 16 Scotch is another favorite. My old buddy, Redneck Bill Collector have me a bottle of McCallan 15 for my birthday a few weeks ago. Haven't cracked the seal yet but it has to be good. Can't forget my old standby, Knob Creek.

View attachment 1205546View attachment 1205548
I need to try a bottle of that Jameson Black Barrel.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I appreciate a good Bourbon and Scotch. Jamieson Irish is good too. As is good rum. Canadian whiskey and blends, y'all can have em. Life is too short to drink bad whiskey and dance with ugly wimmen.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I always save full bottles... that way I don't have to run to the store when the one I'm drink'n runs out.
I try to keep a bottle in reserve, but sometimes that don't always work out. I've got 2 bottles of Glenfiddich 12 stored back, but that Jameson always seems to go quicker than I think.

BeerThirty

The most I've ever paid for liquor is $99 for a bottle of Blanton's. It was gone in 2 weeks. I don't really have the budget nor the patience to collect it, because it won't last long anyway..

Hoss

Got a far mix of bourbons rye and a couple of odd ball whiskeys. Several haven’t been opened yet. I keep Buffalo Trace on hand, and then buy some unusual stuff I’ve never heard of, like the Cedar Ridge bourbon from Iowa. Turned out to be pretty good.B2BAD6BF-7367-4D46-AE07-DE7680056B1E.jpeg

ilbcnu

Anyone have a complete set of Blanton's horses? I have 2 ** an o and a t. If any of you need those to complete the set I'd be happy to send them to you. If you complete the set you can send them to Buffalo Trace and they will mount them on a whiskey barrel stave and return it to you free of charge. Turnaround is 2 weeks.

Last edited:

SC Hunter

@cracker4112 that type set up is what I've been looking at lately. I really like that.

@Nicodemus that knob creek is a good one and I keep a bottle somewhere at home. I agree with the bad liquor and ugly women.

SC Hunter

I appreciate a good Bourbon and Scotch. Jamieson Irish is good too. As is good rum. Canadian whiskey and blends, y'all can have em. Life is too short to drink bad whiskey and dance with ugly wimmen.
I've had scotch a few times and it's definitely an acquired taste. I had some Johnny Walker Blue that was good but I'd been drinking natural light all day cooking in a BBQ competition. Good scotch isn't bad but some good bourbon is my favorite.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
No love for the rum?
I'll take a Zacappa 23 over anything, Flor de Cana works too, although there's a couple of empty bottles of Trace and Rare on the shelf. Kid's a grocery store manager at a Publix with a liquor store that's a top 5 seller. He hooks me up, problem is he's 300 miles away ......on second thought, that's probably a good thing.
20230116_101705.jpg
:)

Last edited:

SC Hunter

@RedHills I like rum occasionally but for some reason I get bad indigestion. I do like rum and coke though lol