Aggressive calling techniques...Do you?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Whatever do you mean? You already know it all. Deer calling is overrated and a “sequence” is ridiculous. Two people asked me for the info last thread and I PM’d them my recipe. Both of them have now rattled in a buck and I rattled in and killed a big ten last week. It’s probably all coincidence I bet…

Like I said, you’d be ahead to keep that keyboard cold and that monitor hot boy. You might learn something.
Spoken the jedi has.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’ve seen bucks batchelor up after Christmas. Have seen groups of 4-5 together.

I've got that happening now but there are still does that haven't been bred yet.

sleepr71

^that to me is the key…plenty of does…best lure, decoy, etc there is

100% agree. For those of us with smaller properties…I believe that the more Does you have around..the more bucks that will visit..and more times. I absolutely DO NOT shoot does out of food plots,or near bedding thickets. If the wind is wrong..I won’t hunt a stand. Especially one near a bedding thicket. I Keep our Does Fed well,and leave them alone..which usually allows me to see multiple small bucks,and one or two Mature(3.5 or older) bucks..EVERY season. That doesn’t make the mature bucks any dumber…but it does offer me many more chances at having them come on my place..and stay there a few days ;)

menhadenman

I’m a long time hunter rookie caller (Hail Mary guy)… but picked up a Quaker boy brawler and oh son it’s a lot different than the quad grunter I bought 20 years ago.

I could stand to learn a few tips.

James12

I’m a long time hunter rookie caller (Hail Mary guy)… but picked up a Quaker boy brawler and oh son it’s a lot different than the quad grunter I bought 20 years ago.

I could stand to learn a few tips.

My unedumacated $.02

While YouTube has its misguided realities in the hunting world, it does have great examples of real deer vocals being caught on film. Like calling a turkey, there is a lot of “what sounds mean and what not to do” that are just as if not more important than being able to call.

Kris87

The Quaker Boy Brawler and the original Primos Buck Roar are the two best grunt tubes ever made. I found a clearance on the Buck Roars last year and bought 5. Never know when you may lose one, loan one, drop one. :)