New TC "Scout Guard"

bristol_bound

I just made my first step into the TC world.
I ordered a couple of Scout Guard 550 today. Well I hope it turns out to be a step and not a giant leap that land's me on my face. Not too tech-savvy!

Thanks Bowwinkles

Last edited:

bristol_bound

Got the new SG550's yesterday. Looks to be simple to program and setup. Even smaller than I expected. Plan to set them out this weekend.
Thanks again to Bowwinkles

bowwinkles

BB,---I think you will truely enjoy the Scoutguard 550, especialy
in the movie mode where you can stretch it out to 120 seconds.
I now have 5 in the field and not any problems so far.

bristol_bound

Well checked the card today only had 9 events, 8 of were Armadillos and 1 doe. I need to move the camera to a new location. I had it set in a very remote area on an old trail with no attractants. I only set out 1 camera last week so I could build a lockable box for security. I will get both out late in the week. So far I am happy with picture quality.
TC#1 tractor stand 004 (600 x 450).jpg

TC#1 tractor stand 005 (600 x 450).jpg

TC#1 tractor stand 006 (600 x 450).jpg

gadeerwoman

Looks good. So far, those little cameras have gotten good reviews. Only complaint so far seems to be that they say somewhere in the instuctions they need to be protected from the rain. Picture quality seems to be good, battery life good, small enough not to get too noticed and the price isn't bad on them.
Keep us posted!!

bowwinkles

Gadeerwoman,---I have 5 of these out and will have two more in today. They have been through some heavy rain storms and had no ill effects. Great little cam.

gadeerwoman

Great to know. They sure have gotten some of the best reviews in a long time..and have a better color quality pic than any commercial made one in a long time!

bristol_bound

I read the same thing gadeerwoman, "not water proof". But every thing I have researched and bowinkles said, that doesn't seem to be an issue as of yet. Although I did build an enclosure for security and some added weather protection. Here are a few pictures of my homemade case. Let me know what you think.
SG550case001 (600 x 450).jpg

SG550 case 002 (450 x 600).jpg

SG550 case 003 (600 x 450).jpg

SG550 case 004 (600 x 450).jpg

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Looks like a sweet set up BB................. what kind of battery does that thing use?????

bristol_bound

Thanks, I would love to take credit for the design, But I borrowed a lot of Ideas from the guys over at Chasingame.com.
I am going to build 3 more this weekend. I'm planing to ordering 2 more of these cameras today. Just send me a PM I'm sure we can work something out.
And by the way thank you for the job you do here as a Moderator. I'm sure it's a thankless job at times, just want you to know I appreciate y'all.

bristol_bound

Good morning Sharpsblade,
Gadeerwoman is on top of it as usual, beebusyoutdoors. That is where I ordered mine. I believe I placed the order on a Friday and it was at the house on Monday AM. Free shipping also, at least it was the other day, I hope it still is, I'll let you know in a little while.