concrete pad

fulldraw74

thats about 2.5 yards (at 4" thick) Check to see what the current price is per yard. With such a small amount i'm sure you will get a delivery charge tacked on....

If your talking about using it from the bag, im not sure....

BlackSmoke

i would say 3 yards to be safe. call your local concrete company and they should be able to give you a quote. shouldnt be too much. when we pour we normally expect about $90 a yard. thats a little on the high side, but thats what we quote our customers just in case there is something left out that needs to be figured in. hope this helps

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Depends on how level you want the pad. If it requires grading/filling it will be more.

I assume from your post you want everything done by others, forms, pouring, backfill, etc.
A call to a local contractor with the dimensions and basic information should get you a general idea of costs over the phone.

T

tuffdawg

I would say 3 yards. Here they charge $88 a yard, plus $50 delivery fee. Its worth it.

JohnK3

Banned
If you can, do the grading, build the forms, etc yourself. It's not difficult, just time-consuming and physical.

Home Depot, Lowe's or any other similar store should have books on how to do that part yourself.

j_seph

i would say 3 yards to be safe. call your local concrete company and they should be able to give you a quote. shouldnt be too much. when we pour we normally expect about $90 a yard. thats a little on the high side, but thats what we quote our customers just in case there is something left out that needs to be figured in. hope this helps
over $100 a yard for concrete easily unless you have an account with em, Thanks to China
If you don't need it to be real pretty, form it yourself and make you a bull float out of plywood and 2x4's. Catch a driver and let him know you would like to buy some if they got left over

T

tuffdawg

You can call the company and they will either come out and give you a quote or give you a quote over the phone. I would call more than one place to find a deal. I know the company that we deal with will not charge a delivery fee if you get over 9 yards, which we are about to get a 56x11 slab poured here. we will go back in a few weeks and pour the drain. Too much work to do at one time. We form them ourselves and work them ourselves. Then we cant move for two days. :) You will save alot of money that way. If you decide to do yours yourself, pm me. My husband is a contractor. He could walk you thru the process over the phone. :)

T

tuffdawg

talked to them the other day. they said $995 sight unseen.

:hair: Holy moly!!! Thats nuts!!! I have never heard of that! Well, something else you can do that will only cost you about $200............. Go too a feed store, or a tractor supply and get those thick rubber mats for horse stalls. They rinse out great and are easy to clean. You can also move those things. Of course they are VERY heavy duty. I cant even pick one up.

T

tuffdawg

had another guy that does it on the side quote me $1200.

That is just crazy. It should not cost you more than $300. It has to be where you are located. JuliaH just had her drain done a month ago, 3 yards at $88 a yard plus $50 delivery. We are using the same place. Walker concrete is the name of the company. There must not be any competition between concrete companies where you live. Geeezzzz that is just messed up.

knifemaker

had another guy that does it on the side quote me $1200.

Glad I don't need work done near you. Sounds like somebody is slow on work and is trying to make it up on one job. If your ground is fairly level, all you got to do is get you some one by fours, cheap yellow pine and square em up in the size you want. Make sure they are level with the shallowest spot, 4 inches deep at least. If you got a high spot dig it down and put the dirt in the low spot. You say you want 12 ft wide, so get you a straight 14 ft 2x4 to screed it with and get a strong buddy and screed it level yourself. If it's a dog lot, it doesn't have to be a slick finish. Just needs to be smooth enough to wash down with a water hose. JMHO

T

tuffdawg

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I misunderstood somewhere. I forgot that part. $995 is very reasonable if they are going to do all the work, and all you have to do is watch.:rolleyes: I thought you were just going to have it poured and do the work yourself. Blonde moment, sorry. :D

T

tuffdawg

You could save $500 if you do it yourself. That is a nice chunk just for labor.

NGaHunter

I only paid $1600 for a 20X32 pad for my kennels and they did everything. It is onlt 4 inches thick too with a nice drain off slope

Jim Baker

Staff member
If you would scale back to 12X16, you would need 2.5 yards. Use fiber mix. About $300 to $325delivered.

One yard covers 81 sq. feet 4 inches thick

Your would need 2 12' 2x4, 2 16' 2x4 and a bundle of stakes. use 2x4 not much higher than 1x4s and won't bow as bad. $30-35.

$1200 dollars is high if there is no fill or grading. Forming and pouring 3 hrs. tops.

Sometimes you can give the driver a little bonus and he will help you float it, then you can broom it off for a finish.

Be sure that if you do it or have it done set the grade from opposing corners so your drainage runs to one corner where you cant collect it.

I have a 4 inch pipe in the corner of mine running into a buried plastic barrel with about 50 3/4 inch holes drilled in the top half, draped with silt cloth. Works like septic tank.

Another thing, be sure the truck can get to the pour site.

Jr Branham

pour yourself

If you decide to pour it yourself, ask the despatcher to send you out a front chute truck. If the driver is good, he can pour and direct the mix right where it is needed, it will save your back.