concrete work !

tr21

MY GOD, just what do you have to do to get concrete poured these days? i've been trying for over 3 months to get 2 21x18 pads poured. called 4 different contractors 1 never called back after I left 4 messages, 1 said he'd be out Tuesday to look at it (still waiting after 8 weeks) I guess he didn't say what Tuesday ! 1 wanted 6200 and finally 1 said 5200 I said when can we get it done, was told mid OCT. told him get me on the list. I've got it leveled and it only needs to be framed up on 2 sides. less than 10yds of concrete (what $2000 in material) 3200 profit and I cant get my calls returned. I think I'm going to hire 6 illegals and go into the concrete pouring business. AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I BUILT MY OWN HOUSE AND DIDN'T CONTRACT IT OUT......

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Only needs to be framed up on 2 sides? What does that even mean? A slab has to be formed on all sides. $3200 profit? You obviously don’t own your own business. I used to charge 30% more when I did jobs for homeowners. I’ve gotten to the point that it’s not worth the extra money anymore.

basstrkr

Our local cement plant has list of people that pour slabs. They normally charge so much a sqr. foot. Your local plant likely does the same.
If it was a house I wouldn't use them but for an out building or pole barn, I would.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
U using any reinforcement for the concrete? Just asking.
And we love pics. :)

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Only needs to be framed up on 2 sides? What does that even mean?
He's in hill country.. he dug out 1 side and 1 end low enough so all he has to do is form the other 2 and get the size slab he wants. Just pour to the dirt sides on the 1st 2.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
He's in hill country.. he dug out 1 side and 1 end low enough so all he has to do is form the other 2 and get the size slab he wants. Just pour to the dirt sides on the 1st 2.
It still needs to be formed. And a footer dug if he’s going to build on it.

tr21

your close it's going to get poured up to the concrete wall and block wall . so only the front and 1 side need to be framed

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
your close it's going to get poured up to the concrete wall and block wall . so only the front and 1 side need to be framed
Been a couple years since I was there... wasn't sure where you was talk'n about.

Latest posts