Sheffield WMA

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Hunt'n Sheffield

Have'nt been to Sheffield yet, but I wanted to hit it this year. Can anyone tell me much about it ? I know it's archery only, but is it a decent place to hunt ? Is there a lot of folks who hunt this place ?
Thanks !

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I used to hunt it a lot - Lots of deer and some decent bucks - it's crowded during the archery season, but seems to thin out as gun season rolls around...

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Thanks ! Think I'll check it out. I like to walk back in an throw down a blanket for a camp. I know you can camp any where on Paulding, I wonder if it's the same for Sheffield ? That's how you beat the crowds, walk back in there a peice an spend a few days.

G

Gator1679

Sheffields not that big of a place, you walk back a peice and you will be on a large private club right behind it. I havent hunted their in several years, but used to see some deer and shot a couple of does.

jeffro

shefeild

paulding forest is 30000 acrs shefeild is right there with it there is deer every where great wma to get a kill period seen 8 deer this weekend there had 2 bucks come in on me as i was climbing my tree bow was still on the ground :mad: but hey the deer are movin good there :D

Bowdawg

The Shefeild portion of paulding forest is 3000 acres. It stays archery only through the season. I have never hunted it but know a few guys that do. Its been about four years ago archers harvested 90 deer on shefeild. That is very impressive. :clap: