2022 Kill Numbers for WMA

AntlerDaddy

I have wasted an hour trying to find the results online. Can anyone point me to 2022 WMA quota hunt results?

I drew Sheffield for 2023 and just curious of the 2022 results. There seemed to be a lot of birds there in 2020, then less in 2021 and no idea in 2022.

Thanks!

Dupree

I have wasted an hour trying to find the results online. Can anyone point me to 2022 WMA quota hunt results?

I drew Sheffield for 2023 and just curious of the 2022 results. There seemed to be a lot of birds there in 2020, then less in 2021 and no idea in 2022.

Thanks!
If I recall correctly, 3 birds were killed on the wma in 2022.

cooner83

Sheffield is a tough one. Ive hunted Paulding forest a lot. How many are they letting on Sheffield?

BASS1FUN

Only 10 hunters for Sheffield and 40 for Paulding Forest and by the time the general hunt starts the birds have gone into a lull. I put in for Paulding Forest with a rejection and didn’t make it maybe next year with 2

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member

Thanks!
Wma turkey hunting special in the February issue of GON. I think this is the quota hunts FF26122F-E064-45AC-AADA-A0CD3D4CAA29.jpeg

Dupree

Only 10 hunters for Sheffield and 40 for Paulding Forest and by the time the general hunt starts the birds have gone into a lull. I put in for Paulding Forest with a rejection and didn’t make it maybe next year with 2
It took 4 points to get the first hunt this year.

BASS1FUN

I hunted Sheffield a few times in 2021 and they were there but not gobbling and that was early season, but with the 2 week delay and 2 quota hunts with only 10 people you would think there would be a population boom, we’ll see

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I can’t believe how many were taken from Pinelog! I know I ain’t very good and I only went a few times, but I saw nada! I went yesterday and didn’t see any lone hens so…..I did see a few tracks.
BTW- I’m expecting a Boom this year too :cheers:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I can’t believe how many were taken from Pinelog! I know I ain’t very good and I only went a few times, but I saw nada! I went yesterday and didn’t see any lone hens so…..I did see a few tracks.
BTW- I’m expecting a Boom this year too :cheers:
Are u going to kill it ?

Swamprat

Swamprat
Sad thing is that Pine Log stayed somewhat consistent and some others took a huge downward spiral.

cooner83

I've put in for the past 2 years also and have not got in.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Pretty
Are u going to kill it ?
sure there were 3 birds from them tracks. Therefore, I like my chances. I also found a call. That means some sorry hunter ain’t got his call……imma kill his bird too! :banana:

Long Cut

Sad thing is that Pine Log stayed somewhat consistent and some others took a huge downward spiral.

West Point has definitely gone down hill from years past. My personal experiences directly correlate with the harvest %

6 birds taken off of nearly 9,000 acres is pitiful.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
West Point has definitely gone down hill from years past. My personal experiences directly correlate with the harvest %

6 birds taken off of nearly 9,000 acres is pitiful.
Yes I agree , also 9000 ac of beautiful turkey habitat