22a

Broncoxlt

I am thinkin about gettin rig of my 22a leanin towards a revolver been to the range three times and just cant get it to group slow fire I cant hit the 2or3 inch shoot&see target dots if I do a 20 round rapid fire I get maybe 5or10 in the circle but with my friends revolver I get nice little tight groups I noticed this at oakwood sportsman lodge with rented pistols as well I dont know what its maybe an auto pistol is just not my thing whats yall thoguhts?

MOTS

Get a Ruger or Browning. I got a 22A once on a trade, it didn't impress me at all.

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
.22s, just like other guns, perform better with ammo that it likes. Also, the S&W 22A doesn't have a very good trigger (like most guns straight out of the box).

I would say try different ammo (like target ammo) and maybe get a trigger job done before you spring for a revolver.

I have a S&W 22A and when using Aguila Match Pistol ammo I can keep a 1" group at 25 yards with all ten shots.

Ths dog hunts!!

I just acquired a High Standard Sport King with a 6" barrel, Little auto puts em where you aim it everytime!! Sometimes you just have to stick with the old proven standards!!

Broncoxlt

Whent to walmart today and got me some remington target the standard velocity ammo they had in stock it does better than the bulk stuff anyone know where to get some cheaper standard velocity ammo the gun is just for plinkin and small game next year after what it did today going to get the bushnell red/green dot for it did not want to buy a scope before I knew if I was goin to keep it