B. F. Grant

Walkie Takie

Anyone know, on the quota hunt's do you use your tag, or is there an wma tag at the check in station ??????? w/t still going nov 3-6

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's a "check in" hunt so wma bonus tags will be provided when you bring your deer to the check station.Good luck on getting the buck!!

Echo

DKG

Tags For WMA Deer

If you are hunting on a WMA on a hunt that is designated as a "Check-in" hunt, DNR will tag the deer. If the hunt is designated as a "Sign-in" hunt, the hunter must record the deer on his personal harvest record and sign the deer out at the check-in station. See page 16 in the Popular Guide under Deer. :cool:

Todd E

What about field dressing? Do you field dress it prior to checking it in or do they want to check total weights and such? I would certainly rather dress it down in the woods to aide in getting him out when I kill him :D

Todd E

I'd also like to know the answer to the same question for PNWR...............?

LKennamer

Your choice

I can't speak for PNWR, but on WMA deer hunts, unless it is posted at the check station NOT to gut your deer (sometimes done so reproductive tracts or other samples can be taken), it is up to you. It is definitely easier to drag them without the entrails! The live weight can be figured out easily (guts are about 29% of the total weight of the deer). Gut away!

BBond

Some of the net sites people post with wma maps have an outdated BF Grant Map. Either go by and pick one up at the check station or call the regional office (478-825-6354) and ask for one to be mailed to you.

Walkie Takie

B. F. Grant Nov 3-6

one week away , who's still going , we have couple of guy's all ready backing out
wish it would get cold and stay cold ////// will be walking and talking down there this weekend ///// w/t

bilgerat

Senior
Ill be there . I hope a lot of poeple back out that leaves more bucks for me! :fine:

bilgerat

Senior
how close?

I just got back from bf grant , hot!!! found some good sign :yeah: cant wait :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: ;)

Todd E

We are trying to make our minds up, BR. BFG or hunt club this week? I've got two good bucks patterned on our club. Wouldn't have to walk forever to get away, nor would I have to worry about being walked in on. All it would take is some cooler weather and that is coming. If you weigh the ***/neg........I'm not going to BFG. I'm going to the club!!