Core lokts

Big A

Everyone is saying how good these Core loks are at killing deer but no one is talking about accuracy. I have kill two deer at over 100 yards with my Nosler Balistic tip hand loads and the bullet hit right where I was aiming. So how does the Core lokt preform at 100-150?

Buford_Dawg

Very nicely

I shot the 130 Pointed Soft points and they grouped as good as the 130 grain ballistic tips I was shooting from Ga Arms. No doubt the ballistic tip is accurate and when used properly, is a very good bullet. I prefer the CoreLokts myself, everyone has their own opinion. It is what you believe in when you get that opportunity that counts.

QuakerBoy

The problem with your question is that each gun will handle a particular round differently.

THe best thing to do is buy a box and try them out. With my 270, they shoot great, with my 7mm-08, they are ok but others shoot better.

Good luck

Big A

Thanks for the replies. I am probly going to stick with my balistic tips as they have never let me or my dad down yet. Our hand load are so consistant that I can't see the sence in changing. I just wanted to get some feedback because of all the hype of the Core Lokt ammo. And as in another thread shot placement is what really matters.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I use a lot of

the corelokts for my range shooting because of what I consider decent quality for the price. :)

The only reason I don't hunt with them is I still have a bunch of the old Winchester RN that, they don't make anymore that, I prefer for my 06 at the ranges I hunt. :)

As far as accuracy, I have some SUB MOA targets saved that will attest to their accuracy potential ;) , but like stated before, IMO, you have to match the bullet/cartridge/load to the gun when you talk about MOA accuracy ;)

Good luck, and if your present set up works, use it :clap:

leo