200 Yard Target Adjustment

Moving the group sounds perfect but I don't do it anymore because often the rifle moves while you dial the scope and I forget how many clicks I've moved it. Then I have to start over.
I firmly believe that to improve ourselves we must challenge ourselves first. And a 3.0" group is not acceptable to me. I am looking for a 1/2" group if possible. Question then becomes... can I and my rifle shoot a 1/2" group anyway?
Well, yes I can and so can my rifles. Because I won't be satisfied with over that and over the years have worked on my shooting and my rifles so they too can shoot that tight.
Don't be satisfied with being average. Work to be better.

menhadenman

I shot this 5-shot group at 200 yards with my 7mm-08 Ruger Compact rifle. I was using a hand load of 40 grains of IMR 4064 powder and a 120 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip bullet. I want to move the group to the left to center it better but I can't figure out how many clicks to make the correct adjustment since it's at 200 yds instead of 100 yds. My scope is a Leupold VX-2, 3-9x40, with one click = 1/4 min at 100 yds.

Any suggestions as to the number of clicks/inches would be appreciated.

Thanks.View attachment 1183916

Here ya go. You need to go left 1.1 MOA (4 clicks) and maybe leave your vertical alone.

If it were my rifle, I’d check the scope and mount, then back to 100 yds and try a few different charges +/- 0.5 grains. You’re at 2.5 MOA and that rifle is much better.

D8E6B80A-6C16-4C17-8144-CA0FFD0A17B3.png5D9E0FA9-5FA0-4419-94CE-0EEC7FEA5E12.jpeg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I would want a tighter group. I may of shot it again the next day. I’m a more like 100 yds where I know not as steady a hold has less Variance. I like the 1” high. I want a 1” group. Then I would move out to 200 and hope they in the square. I shoot out to 300 often sometimes 300. I know with my 270 to put it on the back bone that far.
Anyway a couple clicks to the left. Like maybe 3.
BTW have u shot it again and what did it look like !