Got my wood duck back

tony2001577

what do yall think ?
1063.jpg

Boudreaux

As long as you're happy with it.

Personally, I will not be taking any birds to that taxidermist. Since you're in Calhoun, you'd do better to drive down 75, and visit Dana Stanford in Roswell.

Top of the line work from Dana. Not only does he understand the technical side of taxidermy, he understands the need to present the birds in a life-like pose.

gsubo

That bird looks awesome! Fine taxidermy work! Im hoping to have the funds to mount a drake and hen woody combo this season.

tony2001577

That bird looks awesome! Fine taxidermy work! Im hoping to have the funds to mount a drake and hen woody combo this season.

Thanks guys !!! I am going to get a hen woodie to go with him next.

wvdawg

Staff member
Good one Tony.

hunterarod

I will never understand why people feel the need to tear other people's mounts apart. They are obviously happy with it or they would not have posted it. If you don't like it, why reply anything. I guess it comes down to respect and the lack of it.

The mount looks awesome to me.

I will never understand why people feel the need to tear other people's mounts apart. They are obviously happy with it or they would not have posted it. If you don't like it, why reply anything. I guess it comes down to respect and the lack of it.

Because he said WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?:huh:
He didn't say everyone tell me how pretty my mount is. If it didn't look like he hit it with the truck I would say " nice mount and pretty duck" :D

Because he said WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?:huh:
He didn't say everyone tell me how pretty my mount is. If it didn't look like he hit it with the truck I would say " nice mount and pretty duck" :D

Yep, ole A-Rod Hunter.....I think you just got a dose from the Medicine Man. :bounce:

Boudreaux

what do yall think ?

Yes, hunterarod, I replied with my opinion to the posters question "What do yall think?".

I didn't tear his mount apart. I simply stated that I would not be using that taxidermist and recommended a museum-quality artist/taxidermist just down the road from him.

If someone posted here showing a picture of a decoy spread or a blind that needed some work to be more effective and asked "What do yall think?", would you not offer an opinion to help a fellow hunter?

That's all I've done here. I have seen true, top quality mounts prepared by local taxidermists, and the picture of the one posted does not meet those standards, IMO.

I'm not a waterfowling or taxidermist snob, just offering an opinion to help out a fellow waterfowler. If he takes his next bird to Dana, he will see the difference in the quality of the final product and I believe will be much happier in the years to come.

I will never understand why people feel the need to tear up another poster who doesn't agree with them and offers a true opinion when asked rather than just be a "yes man".

The man asked for an honest opinion, I gave mine, along with a recommendation. I did "tear up" anyone's mount.