Forsyth county ever going QDM?

buckpasser

Threads like this just reinforce the need for a “QDM” or “Deer Management” section on this Forum. Heck name it the “Cull” section for all I care…

Someone came on here asking a question, and now this post is a 7 Page long rant of guys bickering back and forth.

If GON forum were a democracy we’d have had the trophy forum long ago. Since it ain’t, we get threads like this. Think I’ll stroll on over to the ever busy “DIY Archery” sub. Lol!!!

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Lots of people switched up and started killing does for the freezer because "Well they raised the limit to 10 does Harold so I guess they want us to kill 'em instead of bucks." "Sounds good to me Tiny. If it's brown, it's down."
That's my thoughts as well. Let the bucks grow, kill a doe. No way we need those does to make more deer or anything

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That's my thoughts as well. Let the bucks grow, kill a doe. No way we need those does to make more deer or anything
Bucks identify as does, 2023...

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Threads like this just reinforce the need for a “QDM” or “Deer Management” section on this Forum. Heck name it the “Cull” section for all I care…

Someone came on here asking a question, and now this post is a 7 Page long rant of guys bickering back and forth.

Threads in a trophy subforum would suffer the same fate this one has done.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If GON forum were a democracy we’d have had the trophy forum long ago. Since it ain’t, we get threads like this. Think I’ll stroll on over to the ever busy “DIY Archery” sub. Lol!!!
Check out the Tournament fishing sub forum while you at it , it’s been lonely for a few months

buckpasser

Almost like AAA forum!

Well, possibly. The AAA (nonbeliever) guys can’t focus on being A or A from their obsession with just NOT being Christian, or being antiChristian.

If the trophy guys could keep their eye on the ball a little better it could be great. If they only focus on what not to shoot it would be horrible, just like AAA.

F.A.R.R.

The only thing that really matters is who ever kills a deer should be happy about it. The kind of hunters I like to be around and hunt with are also happy for the hunter who killed the deer they wanted.

Bashing someone about a deer they killed because someone “ thinks” they shouldn’t have, or it is not the same as their personal idealogoly on what deer should be killed is done in poor taste ,and it’s good it doesn’t go on in this forum.

For people who are serious about trophy hunting in GA the best way to do it is to figure out a way to gain hunting access, through permission- landownership-lease- or other legal means, to an area of the state with high agriculture and low hunting pressure- that’s where most of them get killed. Trying to change the regulations based on antler restrictions in areas not know for trophy bucks isn’t necessarily going to result in high trophy buck production .

Last edited:

Triple C

A few ”living room decorations”.

I tend to think of it as the “wall of memories” at our hunting cabin.
IMG_0316.jpeg

I’ll be adding another from this year as soon as I take it from the freezer to the taxidermist.

As to the OP’s original question - No need to put APR’s in Forsyth County. With the population growth in FC, won’t be long till the Seek One boys will be posting booner pics from back yard wood lots in FC.

mtclev5651

View attachment 1276831

I’ll be adding another from this year as soon as I take it from the freezer to the taxidermist.

As to the OP’s original question - No need to put APR’s in Forsyth County. With the population growth in FC, won’t be long till the Seek One boys will be posting booner pics from back yard wood lots in FC.
All is know is this county so I’m hoping I can lock down a few spots first haha.

Love your wall of memories brother

Mike 65

View attachment 1276831

Looks great!

Triple C

That is most impressive, 3C. I like that wallboard too. Is that ship lap or tongue and groove, or something else?
Thx Nic! That’s just plain ol’ rough sawn loblolly pine from a Woodmizer mill nailed to the wall on a pole barn I finished as a barndominium in 2011 before barndominiums were the rage. Put black felt paper behind the wood so you couldn’t see between the cracks.

When I retire, my wife may not see much of me. I could live there but not fittin‘ enough for my brunette that prefers the finer things of life…like central heat n air as opposed to an A/C wall unit and a wood heater for heat.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Thx Nic! That’s just plain ol’ rough sawn loblolly pine from a Woodmizer mill nailed to the wall on a pole barn I finished as a barndominium in 2011 before barndominiums were the rage. Put black felt paper behind the wood so you couldn’t see between the cracks.

When I retire, my wife may not see much of me. I could live there but not fittin‘ enough for my brunette that prefers the finer things of life…like central heat n air as opposed to an A/C wall unit and a wood heater for heat.

It sho nuff looks good! And the deer mounts add to it! :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am in favor of antler restrictions if it is decided by hunters through a voting process. I don't want a govt agency to decide. If it is decided through a voting process I am good with whatever the outcome is. I find it funny when someone uses the " do what I want on my own land" argument. I do not know a single person who owns their own land, try not paying your property tax and "your own land " will be sold at your local govt tax sale
I don't agree with that one lick, either. It's tyranny.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 1276831

I like your living room decorations. and the living room they're in. I have absolutely nothing against your hunting the way that suits you. I also enjoyed my supper last night that I wouldn't have eaten if we had antler restrictions here and people forcing me to hunt some other way that I don't enjoy. :) There are plenty of deer, and plenty enough bucks for everybody to hunt how they choose to in a way that brings enjoyment to them. :cheers:

slow motion

View attachment 1276831

Nice huntin shack and trophies. Gotta love it though I love your posts of breakfast and such you make for the tree stand warriors while you enjoy time spent not necessarily hunting for deer but good times in life. Keep living the dream brother. And of course taking a deer here and there. :cheers: