Black Powder Rifle Kit

nhancedsvt

Banned
I am looking to build a traditional black powder rifle this fall and was just wondering what you guys suggested for a good kit. I looked at the Traditions kits at Bass Pro but don't know if there is something better out there without spending a fortune or if the Traditions kit is even worth the money (about $270). Thanks for the help!

nhancedsvt

Banned
I'm looking for more of a traditional BP. I already have a CVA inline to use but want to try something a little different.

hawgrider1200

I have not seen it but I was told that T/C Omegas are selling at wally world for $200. If that is so, the value of a kit for $270 is questionable. U still have to buy sandpaper, blueing for the barrel and varnish or oil fot the stock. Unless you already have a wood rasp and chisels you have to buy that too. I put one together the wife bought me last Christmas. It is fairly easy but the trigger did not work correctly out of the box.

7Mag Hunter

I built a CVA HAwken kit about 20 yrs ago....Used Tru oil for the
stock..about 20 finger rubbed and buffed with steel wool coats
on the stock, and had a gunsmith blue the barrel...Still looks new
today......

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
TC Hawken kit has been around for over 35 yrs.

Rocky Mtn Johnboy

I have a TC hawken kit. Bought it from Gander Mountain Sports in 1977, for about $100. Still in the box. Wonder what it is worth now?