what do yall use to catch coons

cyco

what do yall use to catch coons in a live trap I cant get nothin but opossum every time I set it

chase870

Possum Sox
Use a honey bun, had a old one legged man make a believer out of me couple of years ago

eric4jr88

Try this

I've tried everything listed above, as well as tuna, sunflower seeds and feed corn. Any of those might work ok, but I've personally had way way more success with marshmallows with a little vanilla extract poured on them than anything else I've ever tried. I know it sounds crazy but it really works. Try it and you'll be a believer, too.

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
I've tried everything listed above, as well as tuna, sunflower seeds and feed corn. Any of those might work ok, but I've personally had way way more success with marshmallows with a little vanilla extract poured on them than anything else I've ever tried. I know it sounds crazy but it really works. Try it and you'll be a believer, too.
i have a large have a heart trap and i vote for the fish extract. the other day i pulled my game cam and found 5 coons on it. i switched to sliced apples and got the whole family! just like deer, use what their food source is at the time!:cool::cheers:::ke:

chilidog

use peanut butter, just a spoonfull of plain ole peanut butter. Works EVERY time, I have caught more coons than I care to even try and count and they have ALL been caught with a spoonfull of peanut butter. I normally cut the bottom off of a water bottle/coke bottle and put a couple holes in it and tie it down to keep it in place so the coons can't move it around and you're set.

DROPPINEM

kind of along the honeybun line with the sweetness.

koyote76

heck a honeybun would catch me hahaha

MattBeck8

Banned
i used peanut butter and bread and another good thing is moon pies it will git them every time and the best place to put it is by a creek or a swamp

JW2

We use table scraps. May wanna try a Dairy Queen cup! I killed one licking the left overs of a milk shake once.

GA DAWG

I use this:biggrin2:
img030.jpg