Xbow noise

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Is there an inexpensive way to quieten a crossbow? I have a Barnett Revolution and it is loud.

ddd-shooter

I put a limbsaver crossbow kit on my Horton, although it is still considerably louder than my compound.
Not a whole lot you can do that I have heard of...

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I put a limbsaver crossbow kit on my Horton, although it is still considerably louder than my compound.
Not a whole lot you can do that I have heard of...

Thanks. The thing is so quick and I probably will only shoot out to 30 yards or so, that maybe the racket won't matter.

BornToHuntAndFish

I've never heard anyone able to quiet down a crossbow, except the new PSE TAC-15 xbow at 400+ FPS is reported to be much more quiet with it not using a rail for the arrow, but a whisker biscuit mounted on it. Several years ago, I also put limbsavers for vibration dampening between the split limbs of my Barnett Revolution the 1st year it came out. The good Lord blessed me with sticking a whitetail at 15 yards 1st hunt out with it, but I'm still more accurate with my Hoyt compound bow & I don't know why. My 77-YO father bagged a deer at 40 yards a few years ago with his Barnett Quad-300 using 100 grain broadheads. You're so right with shooting arrows at around 290 to 300+ FPS or more, noise usually doesn't make a difference at closer distances with less time for the deer to react. Good luck with it this season.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I've never heard anyone able to quiet down a crossbow, except the new PSE TAC-15 xbow at 400+ FPS is reported to be much more quiet with it not using a rail for the arrow, but a whisker biscuit mounted on it. Several years ago, I also put limbsavers for vibration dampening between the split limbs of my Barnett Revolution the 1st year it came out. The good Lord blessed me with sticking a whitetail at 15 yards 1st hunt out with it, but I'm still more accurate with my Hoyt compound bow & I don't know why. My 77-YO father bagged a deer at 40 yards a few years ago with his Barnett Quad-300 using 100 grain broadheads. You're so right with shooting arrows at around 290 to 300+ FPS or more, noise usually doesn't make a difference at closer distances with less time for the deer to react. Good luck with it this season.

Thanks!:cool: