Just a doe.... Meat in freezer... Video of shot

Shadow11

Popped a doe this morn in nega with barnett raptor fx3 crossbow. Needed some meat.

I bought a 3 pack of barnett head hunter bolts with strobe knock last week off amazon. Those things are neat. Not cheap tho... 50 bucks for a 3 pack.

Rage crossbow x mechanical broadhead did just fine.

image_090348_1694359692543.jpg

Good shot ! I used my phone to slow it down. Arrow is almost impacting before she can react to the sound. How far was she ?
What camera did you use to video ? Good shot

You did good on that.. I liked it.
I shot a doe last year with my ten point havoc 440 crossbow, arrow was through her before she could react. I was shocked. Figured she would flinch or something first. She was 31 yards

Shadow11

By the way.... just to note... She went about 50 or 60 yards. Mostly downhill. It was thick, and I zigzagged back and forth. You look at that photo and you would think there would be a blood trail 3 foot wide, but there wasn't. I could only find a drop or 2 every ten ft or so. I finally stopped looking for blood and saw her white belly in a ditch down the hill. Still even 10' above where she crashed, back up to 30 yards, there was no blood. Just some advice.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo!! Man that was awesome! I love being able to see it…..but that was way more han just a doe! Dang there was a whole bunch of deer there too!! Congrats on a great deer and AWESOME Video!

Great shot, great video, great deer. Surprised at the lack of a blood trail, but been there before. I'm guessing that bolt was blood-soaked to the core.

Jim Boyd

Blood bath!

Inside 30 yards I have never even seen one flinch before my arrow hit them - xbow at about 350 fps.

Great kill!

Shadow11

Great shot, great video, great deer. Surprised at the lack of a blood trail, but been there before. I'm guessing that bolt was blood-soaked to the core.
Not really. I could run my finger across it and get a good drop of blood. I hit her about 5 inches left of where i meant to, though. Not sure how I missed that bad, but it worked out. I found my missing fletching while gutting lol. Entry hole from the rage crossbow x broad head...

Screenshot_2023-09-12-14-42-56.pngScreenshot_2023-09-12-14-42-14.png

It may have been your crossbow was canted. ( not level side to side ) to one side or the other. That will make it shoot left or right. You could have pulled up looking for the shot and moved slightly all kinds of things it could have been. She dead and took a ride and that’s all that matters …