teen huntin show.

rebelbuckhunter

hey yall im thankin bout tryin to start up a huntin show. for teens and youngsters like myself. im 16 now and have hunted since i was 4 and killed my first deer at 6. can any of yall give me tips or anythang. that i should know for filming setups etc. and im lookin for new land to hunt will pay to hunt so i can film and hunt and make you land look great lol

olcowman

Hillbilly Philosopher
Call Bill Jordon!

FERAL ONE

Shutter Mushin' Mod
i like the one that bass pro has with the teenagers. you may want to contact them to see how to get your foot in the door.

ddd-shooter

Probably wouldn't hurt to brush up on schmoozing, go to lots of hunting/outdoor shows, and learn to run a camera, edit your own footage, and make a good segment.
The industry is saturated with people trying to get paid to do what they love. You will need to be different. You must fill a niche. You have said you want a teen-centered show, which can be good and unique; but most hunters are older. It would also help to have land to manage on your own, unless you wanted to do a public land series-which would be very hard.

Wouldn't hurt to work on your grammar either...::ke:

Good luck with it...

The Fever

I have played with the idea in my own head for some time. I am looking at getting a good camera, I hunt on a club that consists of many hundreds of acres. I have been struggling to find someone to do it with me. I think youtube would be a great place to get noticed.

Huntinfool

There is a TON of work involved in producing a tv show...not to mention a ton of money.

Bass Pro can put that show on because they bankroll the whole thing. They don't depend on sponsor money to float the show. They ARE the sponsor.

That said, there is a lot more to putting it all together than just getting a ton of good footage. Who's going to edit it? Do you have contacts in the industry who can get you connected with sponsors? And on and on the questions go.

If you're serious, you're probably at least 2 years away from putting anything on tv if you're starting from scratch.

Go meet some folks in the industry. Get their advice. Make some contacts.

The kids that are on that show (well, a couple of them) actually started off making their own magazine for kids. It was successful and got bought out and that is when Bass Pro picked up Ben and one other kid who were the original "stars" of the show.

Problem with teen shows is that teens aren't the ones who spend the money and you'll run into issues getting sponsors to sign on (I would think).

You may want to start off with an online presence and go from there. Go get some great footage. Give it an edge and build a killer website to host it. Don't do youtube.

Then maybe you can pick up some sponsors for the site and build it from there.

Just a few thoughts.

rebelbuckhunter

I have played with the idea in my own head for some time. I am looking at getting a good camera, I hunt on a club that consists of many hundreds of acres. I have been struggling to find someone to do it with me. I think youtube would be a great place to get noticed.

youtube might be a good place. but what i want to do is put 2 or 3 hunts on dvd and take it to bass pro. and send one to trophy ridge or somethin

rebelbuckhunter

There is a TON of work involved in producing a tv show...not to mention a ton of money.

Bass Pro can put that show on because they bankroll the whole thing. They don't depend on sponsor money to float the show. They ARE the sponsor.

That said, there is a lot more to putting it all together than just getting a ton of good footage. Who's going to edit it? Do you have contacts in the industry who can get you connected with sponsors? And on and on the questions go.

If you're serious, you're probably at least 2 years away from putting anything on tv if you're starting from scratch.

Go meet some folks in the industry. Get their advice. Make some contacts.

The kids that are on that show (well, a couple of them) actually started off making their own magazine for kids. It was successful and got bought out and that is when Bass Pro picked up Ben and one other kid who were the original "stars" of the show.

Problem with teen shows is that teens aren't the ones who spend the money and you'll run into issues getting sponsors to sign on (I would think).

You may want to start off with an online presence and go from there. Go get some great footage. Give it an edge and build a killer website to host it. Don't do youtube.

Then maybe you can pick up some sponsors for the site and build it from there.

Just a few thoughts.

alright i appreciate all the info. but yea i am goin to need sponsors cause i aint got that kinda money to be spendin but i know how to edit and cut ,caption film and all that. i learned that in school. how would i make a website to host this?

GeorgiaPineHunter

I would be willing to hunt/film if needed. I'm 15 and I know how to work a camera fairly well. I'm not perfectionist, but hey, "This ain't Hollywood"

rebelbuckhunter

I would be willing to hunt/film if needed. I'm 15 and I know how to work a camera fairly well. I'm not perfectionist, but hey, "This ain't Hollywood"

well if you can get rides back and forth that wouldnt be no problem ya know. but if you wanna help get in on some action just send me a message we'll talk

GT Whitetail

Just a quick thought to solve your land need issue.. Public land. If you can consistantly connect on public land hunts then you might have a good market for your films. It would eliminate all the issues/acqusations about hunting films and high fences..Maybe do a spin off from one of the outdoor survival shows, but include info on your hunting/scouting methods..
Best,
GT

Bayou Hunter

Bayou Bucks

Go to the Bayou Bucks website and check it out. They started a Bayou Bucks DVD. A lot of it is deer being killed on public land. And theyre not all monsters. They are real, down home hunts. They film some from clubs, but its real clubs, not paid lodges. You all know how we all do it at the huntin camps; with the cookin and the gravies and enjoyment and the goin to get the blood dog and the markin a blood trail as we follow it and the real experience. And this bayou bucks dvd has sold well. And I wouldnt think it cost that much to get it going.
The thing is, see if you can market a dvd, getting air time to host a hunting show would be tough. If the dvd excels and sells, then a show could be a possibility.
Good luck young man.

rebelbuckhunter

Go to the Bayou Bucks website and check it out. They started a Bayou Bucks DVD. A lot of it is deer being killed on public land. And theyre not all monsters. They are real, down home hunts. They film some from clubs, but its real clubs, not paid lodges. You all know how we all do it at the huntin camps; with the cookin and the gravies and enjoyment and the goin to get the blood dog and the markin a blood trail as we follow it and the real experience. And this bayou bucks dvd has sold well. And I wouldnt think it cost that much to get it going.
The thing is, see if you can market a dvd, getting air time to host a hunting show would be tough. If the dvd excels and sells, then a show could be a possibility.
Good luck young man.

preciate it man..yea aint nothin like these down home hunts. aint no need of payin to kill a monster when you can kill a small 8 or 10 pointer that you worked hard for all season. ya know it aint like you go and pay and they tell you what you can shoot and what you cant.