Freekin Crap!!!

CCROLAND

I was putting a kisser button on my bow last night. Pulled my bow back, went to adjust the button with my finger and hit the release trigger! OMG what happened next. Looked at my bow and the string was off and frayed by the cam. Took it to the bow shop today and it has a hair line fracture in one limb. This sucks! It will be atleast a week and about $200 for a new limb and a new string. Haven't told the wife yet how much it is going to cost. I do however have a marlin 308 for sale. Again, THIS SUCKS!!!

Will-dawg

that sucks!!!

please shoot me a pm with info on the rifle. I have a buddy that is very interested. Thanks, Will

XJfire75

ddd-shooter

I have said it before, and will probably say it again. Always put an arrow on the string and keep your bow pointed in a safe direction.
A small hole to patch in the wall beats parts flying around and $300 damage...

Glad you weren't hurt!

The Arrow Guru

Agreed, never, never NEVER draw a bow.......

without an arrow nocked. It is a dissaster waiting to happen. When running the shop I would use an arrow and then make them use a draw check. I'd have guys say "I'm not going to dry fire it." And I'd tell'em, "I know your not, cause you ain't gonna draw it without an arrow in it." Then I would tell them that I do not one person who dry fired a bow on purpose, none WERE going to dry fire it.

deerassassin22

Question
WHATS THE DIFFERENC BETWEEN SHOOTING A BOW WITH AN ARROW ON IT AND WITHOUT AKA DRYFIRE? HOW DOES THE BOW FIGURE IT OUT? NOT TRYING TO BE A SMART !!!

ALL4HUNTIN

I do alot of tuning in the "Man Cave" where I have set ups for tuning, arrow building, ect... A few friends came over and I was checking peep locations, arrow length and other things, I always put an arrow on the bow ( and IT IS THEIR BOW ) .. They laugh, and I say I would rather have a small hole in the wall, than you screaming that your bow blew up...

Hang in there, it happens.. Hope you are back in the stand soon buddy...

patmaxam

The transfer of energy needs to go through that arrow... Without an arrow the energy goes to the bow... kaplammo

CCROLAND

Thanks...

guys for thew concerns. It was a mathews bow, so I'll check on them replacing it. The bow shop is only charging me $75 for new limbs installed and $100 for a new string. I guess I'll be doing things around the house this weekend!:whip:

STUDENT-ARCHER

if you're the origional owner, the shop should only charge for install on the limbs, but with new string still gotta be tuned, peeped, tweaked...200 not too bad

Take'em Down

The only thing I'm adjusting or modifying on my bow right now is the sight if it gets knocked...otherwise I'm NOT buying new arrows, changing the rest, restringing etc...until the season is over! The last thing I want to do is screw up my hunting until gun season.

GTBHUNTIN

The only thing I'm adjusting or modifying on my bow right now is the sight if it gets knocked...otherwise I'm NOT buying new arrows, changing the rest, restringing etc...until the season is over! The last thing I want to do is screw up my hunting until gun season.

sissy

CCROLAND

I wasn't..

planning on changing anything either!!!! Just adding a kisser button.

killitgrillit

I have said it before, and will probably say it again. Always put an arrow on the string and keep your bow pointed in a safe direction.
A small hole to patch in the wall beats parts flying around and $300 damage...

Glad you weren't hurt!

Exactly, common sense can save a bowstirng:D

gottabowhunt

Glad your ok, but its a couple weeks into the season folks, all bows should be tweaked out by now, and ready for the season...Period.