Netbooks

nhancedsvt

Banned
Does anyone have one of the netbooks that's on the market right now? I'm considering getting one to carry to class since they're small and light enough to fit in my bookbag. The price tags on most of them aren't too bad either. Thanks!

Luke0927

I have one of the HP ones from my cousin....haven't even turned it on yet...he had windows all screwed up I'm going to just put linux on it....external CD drive...basically if your just looking for a light Internet machine and you can get a good deal I say go for it....I would not want it for my primary laptop if you had to do a lot of office type work...creating presentations typing etc....but thats just me

whiskers

My son has one and he just Graduated from Shorter College. My daughter has one and she is a junior at Agnes Scott College. They both like the size of them to tote to classes. They are great for this purpose. They both got the ASUS brand of netbook. Check out tiger direct.com and newegg.com for good prices.

contender*

Bought one for my daughter for Christmas, so Far she loves it. The only thing you might miss is there's no cd drive.

nhancedsvt

Banned
Bought one for my daughter for Christmas, so Far she loves it. The only thing you might miss is there's no cd drive.

That's fine because I'm only looking for something to use for class and internet use. I have another laptop at home that is my primary computer, but it's too big to carry along with all of my books.

Wetzel

On a similar subject, how are the batteries on the Netbooks? Keep seeing where battery life of 5 - 9 hours is possilbe, which would be great if they really lasted that long. Anyone have one of the long battery life netbooks and how do they hold up?

I have a bigger laptop that has about a 90 minute battery. It upsets me to have a dead battery about the time I get into the middle of something.

turtlebug

On a similar subject, how are the batteries on the Netbooks? Keep seeing where battery life of 5 - 9 hours is possilbe, which would be great if they really lasted that long. Anyone have one of the long battery life netbooks and how do they hold up?

I have a bigger laptop that has about a 90 minute battery. It upsets me to have a dead battery about the time I get into the middle of something.

Battery life on the HP was a little over 3 hours. The optical drive was a huge downer for me. I like being able to download CD's and upload em to my iPod, not to mention loading camera drivers or older software I grew accustomed to.

I enjoy mine but it's a substitute.