Can We?

six

I’m usually not one to worry to much about what another person does. But today on my 70 mile trip back home, mostly back roads, something got under my skin a bit. I was bored as usual and decided to see how far it was between empty corn bags beside and even in the road. The farthest stretch was almost three miles. I couldn’t hardly go a mile without seeing one or multiple corn/feed bags. Sometimes there would be several over a mile stretch. Without exaggerating, I bet I saw close to a hundred empty bags on my 70 mile trip. Can’t we take the time to secure the empty bags until we get home and dispose of them properly? I know it’s probably a small minority of hunters letting their empty bags just fly with the wind, but what an eye sore. Come on, I know we’re better than this. I know my parents rule when I was growing up was to carry out more trash out of the woods than you carried in. And if I offended anyone with my comments, I’m not sorry :giggle: Stepping off my soap box now.

Last edited:

TonyP62

I’m usually not one to worry to much about what another person does. But today on my 70 mile trip back home, mostly back roads, something got under my skin a bit. I was bored as usual and decided to see how far it was between empty corn bags beside and even in the road. The farthest stretch was almost three miles. I couldn’t hardly go a mile without seeing one or multiple corn/feed bags. Sometimes there would be several over a mile stretch. Without exaggerating, I bet I saw close to a hundred empty bags on my 70 mile trip. Can’t we take the time to secure the empty bags until we get home and dispose of them properly? I know it’s probably a small minority of hunters letting their empty bags just fly with the wind, but what an eye sore. Come on, I know we’re better than this. I know my parents rule when I was growing up was to carry out more trash out of the woods than you carried in. And if I offended anyone with my comments, I’m not sorry :giggle: Stepping off my soap box now.
I see that a lot too and yes what the other guy said about slob hunters. All hunters are categorized the same by the general public so if the GP sees it we are all slob hunters. Just my 2 cents.

earlthegoat2

I can teach a lot of things but for some reason when I try to teach courtesy it doesn’t seem to sink in.

I transport my empty bags inside the vehicle.

basshappy

BANNED
@six I laughed emoji face because NO, no they can't. I mean I hear you and agree, but the best I think you can get is to stop and pick then up. I have done this with my boy and stepdaughter for various litter, mostly fishing areas. Those people throwing that corn to bait deer and letting their trash become society's problem just don't care. :(

Lilly001

The entrance to my property is, at most, 100’ Wide.
I’m about 9 miles from a popular restaurant/gas station.
They sell their food in a distinctly marked box.
I guess my drive way is at the distance it takes to consume one of their meals as I am always cleaning up their empty boxes.

Tight Lines

Drives me nuts too...thanks for posting. I put all my work day trash into one corn bag, or several, all inside a black yard bag and dump it on the way home...I pick up stuff every time I'm out I didn't bring...

Reactions: six